Dancing in an empty ballroom with Childe (Genshin Impact)

• more of a fem. reader (but if you like dresses feel free to read it either way)
• ~ 260 words
• description: you're fatui and Childe's colleague, and you were sent on a mission together
• YouTube video from "kazumin": https://youtu.be/aT0VsOkYl50

It wasn't the shiny great ballroom you had dreamed of when you were a kid, since first of all, you two were the only living and breathing people present. And second, the beautiful golden yellow ball gown you had always wanted, was nothing more than your blood stained regular garment, but it felt oh so perfect to you.
On the counter of what used to be a music instrument shop, a gramophone played the soothing music that guided you two to dance the way you were. While next to it laid the head of he who most likely used to be the shopkeeper.

You see, the two of you weren't often sent to missions on your own. So when the Tsaritsa had ordered you both to take care of a certain village in Liyue, you were going to make it last.

The way he swayed you through the quiet streets as a prince would to his princess, made that old dream of yours seem all the more childish, because this was the real life and it was perfect.
You both laughed, kissed and danced your way around the village, bumping into a body here and there which you were quick to forget. Yes, you're relationship was what most people would call crazy. However, they weren't aware of the love you held for each other, which was bigger than any mission the Tsaritsa could give you. This boy was yours and you were his, that's how it was. There was nothing more you needed.

~ the end ~