Albedo is cheering you up and comforting you... (Genshin Impact)

... after telling him that Kaeya cheated on you

• gender neutral reader
• ~ 610 words
• description: exactly what the title says
• YouTube video from "mitsuvi": https://youtu.be/IbEn82luYLw

You were naive. Oh, so naive. You actually thought you managed to get the Calvary Captain of Mondstad all to yourself, someone so way out of your league. You thought you were the one who finally was given his heart, but it couldn't be. In the end, he was the one who was pulling the strings, and you were but a mere puppet he got to add to his collection. It was the moment you saw that bruise on his neck that you realized, he wasn't yours to begin with.

The pillow you were holding was soaked with your tears, to the point it wouldn't be dry by nighttime. You were aware that he wasn't worth shedding your tears for, but you were crying uncontrollably.
From outside the room you heard soft footsteps coming your way. Opening the door, revealed Albedo holding a cup of a warm substance. You weren't sure what it was exactly, but the mist like steam showed you it was hot. The ashy blond alchemist was kind enough take you in when he saw you on the verge of tears walking the streets of Mondstad, but he hadn't said a word every since.

He closed the door behind him and approached you. You tried desperately to stop your sobbing, but to no vain. His presence wasn't enough to take your mind off of the betrayal. Without a word, Albedo took a seat beside you, handing you the cup. You now realized it was filled with hot chocolate. You took a sip and gave him a glance. He wasn't wearing his jacket and you realized his shirt wasn't sleeved either, meaning his shoulders were bare. "I heard that hot chocolate is a good remedy if someone's feeling sad", he spoke. You smiled between the tears. "Thank you", you replied, "and I'm sorry. You probably have a lot of work..."
"Not really", he said without a second thought, "also, I don't often find people willing to cry in my presence. Usually when I ask them to cry for an experiment, they ignore me. It leaves me with little information about it, hence why I hope the chocolate is satisfactory." His way of expressing himself made you chuckle. You knew that he had the best intentions at heart, but didn't know how to deal with some of them. "Well, you see. Crying is a very personal thing Albedo", you explained with a sad smile, "it means people are going through something, and sometimes they want to be alone for that." He look at you with curiosity. "I see... Does that mean you want me to leave you alone?", he asked genuinely. "No, it's okay", you shook your head, "Like some people, I like it when I'm with somebody. Talking cheers me up." You smiled at him, oblivious to the fact you had stopped crying. "So I'm cheering you up?", he questioned, to which you nodded. "Thank you"

Night fell quickly, but your conversation went on and on until midnight. You remember falling asleep on his lap as he was explaing one of his many projects. His voice was so soothing, that it led you into a peaceful and long sleep. Here you were safe, a feeling you never felt before with the Cavalry Captain, where you usually felt tense when night fell, knowing what was bound to happen. But this was different, because you weren't tense at all. Every fiber of your being was completely relaxed, trusting this pale blond boy with your life. And the alchemist, who was happy to keep you company, smiled softly as he saw how your eyes fluttered shut to the sound of his voice.