You walk in on Xiao changing (Genshin Impact)

• gender neutral reader
• ~ 714 words
• description: you find the adeptus in your bedroom, but there seems to be more going on
• tw: blood, open wounds
• YouTube video from "ventiffin": https://youtu.be/t-B0vE8dvZs

You greeted Verr as you made your way to your room after a long day of work. Chasing around Hu Tao to keep her from getting into misunderstandings was a harder task than one might've thought, but lucky for you it included a decent paycheck.
You sighed deeply as you searched your bag for the key to your room. Upon opening it, you dropped everything on the floor and closed the door behind you, stretching your sore back from a whole day of walking around.

Now having the desire to change out of your uniform and into a more comfortable piece of clothing, you walked towards the door of your bedroom. However, with every step you got closer towards the door, the sound of heavy breathing increased in volume. You lived alone, that you were sure of, and so your eyebrows furrowed as you wondered why there was someone in your bedroom and how they got there. You put your right ear on the wooden door, hoping to recognize the sound, but you didn't. So your next course of action was grabbing the doorknob with your left hand and freeing the other one in order to summon your weapon in case it would've been necessary. The door creaked when you opened it, but not too loud.

The glim blue light blinded you at first, until you let your eyes adjust to it. It were beautifully designed tattoos that were giving off the light, which seemed to dim with every second. The tattoo's belonged to the back of an adeptus you knew all to well. You watched as the blue inked scenery moved up and down along with the heavy breathing, which came from him.

He must've heard you even though you hadn't made a sound, because he turned his head to look at you. His golden eyes were dull like he was an the verge of unconsciousness, and it was then that you noticed blood dripping from his mouth. "Xiao!", you called out as you hurried towards him. He had taken a seat on your bed and was in the act of removing his top. When you got to him he whispered your name quietly. It was clear he barely had the energy to say a word. You helped him remove his top as it was stuck somewhere around his arms. "Sorry...", he muttered, "I didn't... know... where..." You stopped him from speaking another word as you held on to both his shoulders. "It's alright Xiao. I'm here. I'll take care of you", you spoke in order to calm him down.
Like he knew he was finally in good hands his dull eyes looked at you one more time before letting his head fall down on your shoulder, fully losing consciousness. His breathing calmed down, so you softly layed him down on your bed. His tattoo's had stopped glowing too, but the moonlight was enough to fully display the huge open wound he had around his lower abdomen.

You hurried to grab whatever form of cloths and bandages you could find from you kitchen. The first thing to do was to stop the wound from bleeding, so you pressed the freshly washed clothes onto the wound until they were practically drenched with the red liquid. Although stopping such a huge wound frome bleeding was no easy feat, thanks to a previous academic trip to Sumeru where you went to gather knowledge on healing, you managed.
And if Xiao chose to come here of all places instead of a hospital, it meant he believed you could help him.
Either that or he didn't want anyone else to know...

Two days, one fever and a couple of fresh bandages later, you saw how his eyes fluttered before opening them completely.
Although he could physically die like any mortal, thanks to the adeptus blood in his veins his healing process was much shorter than that of a human.

"Welcome to the land of the living", you spoke softly, "If I had arrived any second later, I was ready to hand you over to the boss, you know?" He grunted as he closed his eyes again, turning his head away from where you were seated. You chuckled as this attitude indicated he was probably doing completely fine again.