Chapter four: wanting to tell them

It has been a day since they had left Camp Half Blood for their quest for the golden apples.

And the four former members of Nyx's make shift army are on the border between Kansas and Colorado somewhere, they don't actually know anymore.

Thalia, Reyna and Nico all look exhausted on the ground in a shaded, protected area they found, Percy/Kadri getting out a small cube of ambrosia for Nico, who was the last to travel.

He looked paler than normal and was close to passing out.

"We have to rest, we have time to" Kadri said softly "All of you guys are not fit to travel"

"But we have to go, immortal lives are on the stake" Thalia replied.

"We were assigned this task, and we have to complete it urgently" Reyna expressed.

"Guys, you all sound like me and that's a bad thing" Kadri said, annoyed.

He went to take a deep breath in, making him cough violently, making everyone turn to him.

His health is going down hill, and fast.

His breathing is getting harder and harder every hour.

His reaction time isn't what it used to be.

And they are all noticing.

But they don't have the heart to speak up.

Well, until now.

"I can't keep silent about this, Kadri, what is wrong with you?" Thalia asked "Are you alright?"

Kadri hitched on his breath as he gave Reyna a cube of ambrosia, who was also glaring him down. 

"I am fine, I'm not sure what you're talking about" Kadri replied, his voice raspy from the coughing.

He cleared his throat as he stood up and walked over to Thalia.

"Percy, it's clear you are-"

"Please don't call be Percy, you know that was a made up name by the water Olympian" Kadri reminded her "I rather Kadri"

"That isn't the point Kadri, the point is you're obliviously ill and you're not telling us why" Thalia said as Kadri got out the last cube of ambrosia from his hand. 

He sighed and gave Thalia the cube, who was glaring at him with silence.

"Thalia, I appreciate your concern, but it's a simple cold, I will be-"

Before Kadri could stand up straight from leaning over, Thalia pulled his t-shirt he was wearing and pulled him towards her, making them face to face.

"Castellan, I swear to the Gods if you don't tell me what's wrong I will-"

"You will what?" Kadri said sternly, making Thalia widen her eyes with his tone of voice "Drop it, okay?"

Due to the shock, Thalia's grip loosened, making Kadri get out of her grip.

He sighed, his breath wheezy, turning away from his friends. 

"What has gotten you in a sour mood? The last month you've been acting weird" Thalia expressed "You're concerning us"

Kadri rolled his eyes as he went through the bags to find a source of food.

"I agree with Thalia, there is something you're hiding from us" Reyna said, making Kadri freeze.

"I am not hiding anything, you know me" Kadri expressed as he got the makeshift food, which was chocolate-chip cookies "I don't like lying nor being lied to, so no need to worry. Just a cold, I promise you"