Chapter seven: small steps to forgiveness

A/N So sorry for the late update, my life has gotten a whole lot busier the last couple of weeks and I completely forgot to update the last chapter. So enjoy [written 4/12/2021]

Percy/Kadri jolted up, panting heavily.

"Oh my Gods Kadri!"

"He just woke up, stay back so he can adjust. He was just in a place where not may people get out of alive"

Kadri tried to move his hand to his head to help the pounding headache and it worked.

Confused, he looked around and he was still in darkness.

He had to be back in the between right?

"Kadri, please open your eyes, I know it will be hard, but please try" a male voice, the one that spoke before, said softly.

Kadri made a noise with confusion.

"O-Open my e-eyes?" he stammered, his voice raw and scratchy.

"Yeah, do that for me buddy"

"Don't call me buddy!" Kadri tried to snap, but his voice cracked, making him cough violently.

"Take it easy" the male voice said.

Kadri slowly noticed his eyes were open.

He was looking down at a white blanket.

He blinked his eyes multiple times and moved his head up, feeling droosy and out-of-it.

He noticed the god of medicine, Apollo there with immortals.

Kadri turned his head with confusion, taking a couple of seconds to recognise his friends.

"Why is he-"

"Relax Thalia, I think he was in the Between, he will be disorientated ad maybe have lost some memory" Apollo stated "The Between effects different people different ways"

"The Between? What is the between" the Thalia girl said.

"It's a place between life and death" Kadri replied, making everyone turn to him "W-What happened to me?"

Apollo smiled faintly, his smile almost blinding Kadri in his state. 

"There we are! I told you he will be coming back to his senses!" Apollo expressed "Per- I mean Kadri, you almost died, the curse-"

Kadri inhaled sharply, causing him to cough. 

"The curse! Is the others okay?" Kadri asked worried, "Are they alive? Did the Gods get th-"

"Wow, wow, timey dude, take a breath" Apollo said, "And your friends..."

Apollo only motioned to the people standing next to him, making Kadri confused for a second before he widen his eyes, finally realising who were the other people standing in front of him.

Thalia, Reyna, Zoe and Nico.

His friends.

"Oh...they're right here" Kadri said softly, making Reyna look at the son of time with narrowed eyes.

"Are you not pleased with that?" Reyna demanded, making Kadri look at her with shock.

"N-No!" Kadri stammered "I just couldn't believe I didn't recognise you, why didn't I-"

"Your memory will be a bit fuzzy from coming out the between" Apollo answered, making Kadri turn to him "Don't be too hard on yourself"

Kadri nodded and looked down to his blanket again.