Chapter three: the start of the lies

Percy/Kadri looked around and saw Thalia, Nico, Reyna, Rachel and Chiron all sitting around the table tennis table, where Kadri was standing. 

He looked around awkwardly, chuckling as his grip on the necklace's loosen, the crystals seen but is being held by the fabric cord.

"Hi?" He said awkwardly, making Chiron sigh.

"We were looking for you, please get off the table tennis table before you break it" Chiron replied.

"Well, I am quiet light-"

A crack from under the table cut him off, making him jump off the table, landing between the empty chairs and the wall.

"Why do you have those?" Nico asked, confused as Kadri moved the necklaces so he can see them.

"Oh these? Father said we would need them for protection for the quest" Kadri lied, making him bit his tongue after that statement.

He hates lying, especially after what happened when he first found out who is real father was.

It always reminded him of how dishonest he was as a friend.

"Oh, so your father already told you" Chiron said "Perfect, please sit down"

Kadri followed his command and sat next to Rachel, who gave him a sad look.

"I know where your destiny lies Kadri, please be careful" Rachel said softly under her breath, looking at the necklace he was wearing.

Kadri, realising she knows, nodded.

"I'll try Rachel, but there is no guaranteed as it's killing me quicker than the others" Kadri whispered back as Chiron glared at the two.

"Are you done with your talking? You need to leave on your quest immediately" Chiron expressed, causing the two to apologise.

"What are you talking about? What is this 'quest' you are talking about?" Thalia asked, confused.

Chiron sighed.

"You four are to go on a quest with urgently as lives are on the line"

Kadri fake gasped as the others gasped.

"What? Is it another war?" Reyna asked "We were not informed of this"

"It is not a war" Rachel expressed "It is a sickness which is causing some of the Olympians to fall deadly ill"

Kadri hummed in response as he heard what Rachel had to say.

'So is that the lie they are going with?' Kadri thought 'Okay, let's follow that'

"What? Is there such thing?" Thalia asked.

"It's Chaos' revenge" Kadri stated as everyone turned to him "Father was telling me about this, which is why he urged us to wear our old necklaces to cover our tracks from Chaos"

"It never did before, so why now?" Nico asked.

Kadri's chest tightened as he lied.

"They put protection charms on it or something, I wasn't really paying attention to be honest" Kadri said sheepishly, making everyone laugh and roll their eyes.

"Typical Kadri" Thalia expressed and then turned to Chiron "So what do we have to get?"

Kadri took a deep breath of relief as he zoned out everyone into his own thoughts.

He was so conflicted on what to do.

He wants to tell them so bad.

He did not like lying, but it was for their good.