Chapter five: the nasty truth

Percy/Kadri felt like he couldn't breath.

He knows his time is almost up as his friends rushed over to him as he curled up into a little ball.

"Are you okay? Nico, get some ambrosia" Thalia exclaimed.

"I'll try to heal him"

"No!" Kadri exclaimed, coughing as he weakly tried to get up "I-I'll be fine, save your strength for Ladon"

"Kadri-"

"That is an order" Kadri expressed as he got himself sitting up.

The trio looked at each other as the Hesperides gathered to the gates; worried.

"Fine, but at lest let us help you walk, and eat some ambrosia" Reyna expressed, making Kadri chuckle. 

"Seems fair" Kadri replied as Nico and Thalia helped him up onto his feet.

"He seems incredibly ill" One of the Hesperides expressed, the nymph of the sunset curious.

"He does" another said.

"Wait, who are you-"

One nymph seemed not like the others, dressed in the Hunters of Artemis outfit, her dark brown hair in braids.

She turned to the four of them and gasped, Thalia widening her eyes.

"Zoe?!?" Thalia expressed.

"What are you doing here?" Nico asked "I thought you were with Artemis"

"I was before Artemis sent me here to meet a 'special secret quest group' and guide them through the garden" Zoe revealed "I guess now I know why"

Her eyes traced to Kadri, making her eyes widen.

"Is he alright?" Zoe asked, making Reyna nod.

"He's tired, he flew us across half of America to get here for the cure for the Gods" Reyna replied, making Zoe look at her confused.

"Wait, what are you talking ab-"

Zoe paused, gasping as she widened her eyes.

She then looked at the four sadly.

"They haven't told you? Have-"

"Let's get the apple and get out of here, we're all tired from travelling non stop" Kadri said, making Zoe look at him curiously, making the others nod.

"All we know is that lives are in danger if we don't do this, we can ask the real reason after" Thalia expressed "And plus, it's not the first time they've lied to us"

"True" Nico expressed, looking at Zoe "Can you let us in?"

"She will not, as a former Hesperides, her duty is to protect the apples, not letting commoners like you steal it for fame" One of the Hesperides hissed.

"We are here on the Olympians and Titans orders" Reyna said sternly "There is an illness going around and the healing properties of the apple mixed with other ingredients are meant to save the Olympians from fading" 

"And plus, I thought your job is to take care of the garden, not protect the apple" Nico said, earning a slap in the back of the head by Reyna who was standing next to him. 

"They had been guarding the garden and it's contents for longer than Ladon, be careful what you say!" Reyna hissed as the Hesperides narrowed their eyes.