Chapter 2: Eccentric

"I mean, don't all princesses from every clan have to go through this? Surely you do too, for all your unorthodox mannerisms and speech?" says Ayaka, before realizing what she just said.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry for saying that," she replies frantically. "No worries, and I know I'm a bit different than what you expect your typical Clan princess to be. I still have a year to turn 18, so I'm making the most of it, I guess?" Yoimiya says, resting her hand underneath her jaw, and assuming a thoughtful expression. 

Ayaka finds this incredibly attractive, for no reason. "It can't be that... that I'm gay, right? Or bisexual? Mother would not be happy with that, at all! Yeah, there's no way I'm attracted to Yoimiya in that way! This is just another girl crush, this all happens too often anyways," she thinks.

"Anyways, after lunch, do you wanna go somewhere with me?" asks Yoimiya. "Where to?" asks Ayaka, curiously. "The hot springs! In this part of Inazuma, we have some incredible sources of hot springs and have some of the best, if not the best hot springs in all of Teyvat!" she exclaims, eyes sparkling. Ayaka has to look away so the Nagonohara princess doesn't notice her blushing face, before agreeing to the invite. "Great! I'll see you there in an hour!" she says, leaving the table.

Ayaka is done with her meal only a few minutes later, and asks to be excused from the table. After she washes her hands, she decides to perhaps ask for permission to explore the Nagonohara residence."Mr Nagonohara? Would it be possible... if I could explore your residence? I'm truly enraptured by all the detailing everywhere I look, and wish to experience more of it," she asks. "Why my dear girl, of course!" he replies, face flushed. Ayaka assumed he was drunk; the multiple sake bottles on the table helped affirm her theory. Ayaka now has free reign to explore the place, so she decides to head upstairs. 

 Perhaps she could even run into Yoimiya while she's there...

She goes into each and every room, marveling at all the antiques the Nagonoharas owned. As she moved into the next room, she bumps into a moundful of blonde hair. "A-Ah! Apologies!" she responds immediately. "Do you ever not say sorry? That was my fault, dummy," says Yoimiya, petting Ayaka on her head. "Come on, we're going to the hot springs now," she says, grasping Ayaka's slender arm. Ayaka hasn't felt happiness like this ever since she was a child, when things were a lot simpler.

Yoimiya and Ayaka clamber hastily into a carriage, and Ayaka questions the haste of going to the hot springs. "Oh you dummy! I just wanna spend more time with you, so the earlier we go, the better!" Yoimiya exclaims.

They reach the hot springs after a couple minutes of banter, and Yoimiya helps Ayaka get out of the carriage with grace. "T-Thank you," replies Ayaka. They head into the onsen. "Hey Ayaka, you comfortable with a public bath?" asks Yoimiya. The thought of all those eyes on her terrifies Ayaka, so she quickly says no. "Thought so, we'll have a private onsen, thanks!" she says, waving to the employee. "No worries, Yoimiya," they reply.

Ayaka steps into the water first once she's out of her clothes, keyed up with excitement. The feeling of the warmth in the water soothed her, and she allowed herself to sink and relax into the water. Soon after, Yoimiya comes running in, only wearing a towel. Ayaka quickly covers her eyes. "Hey, why are you covering your eyes?" says Yoimiya, giggling as she pries open Ayaka's hands, causing her gaze to fall on an expanse of bare skin.

She squeals and ducks underwater, before emerging, but only up to her mouth, and making bubble sounds. "Aww, am I making you shy?" asks Yoimiya, smirking at Ayaka. "No!" Ayaka retorts, determined to keep her composure. "I'm... just not very used to bathing with other people," she whispers. "Ahh, I see. By the way, has anyone told you, you have incredible looking hair? It looks like freshly fallen snow or something!" she exclaims.
Yoimiya glows. A lot.

"Well, that's thanks to my maids taking such excellent care of me," replies Ayaka. "Hmm, I see I see, but you can't tell me the reason your skin looks so supple and beautiful right now is also because of your maids, right?" she pipes up. "It's my maids again, even from a young age they always lathered coconut oil onto me, so I guess yeah," she says. "Well, one thing I know they couldn't have influenced are those beautiful eyes of yours," she says, coming closer and locking eyes with Ayaka. Ayaka is silenced yet again, enraptured by the feisty blonde.

They relax in the onsen for a couple more hours, and Yoimiya keeps up a string of compliments, keeping Ayaka perpetually crimson. Once they're done with being in the onsen, they leave, and Yoimiya blows her a kiss as they return to their carriage."Why did she blow me a kiss? Maybe that's just her eccentric behavior again," she mutters to herself. "Hm? Did you say something?" asks Yoimiya, popping into her view. "Oh no, nothing of importance," says Ayaka, waving her hands frantically.

They finish in the onsen a couple hours later, and get into the carriage.They reach the Nagonohara residence and they step inside, and find the adults, now sober and back to their normal self. "So, you decided to come home, huh?" asks Harumi. "It wasn't her fault! I just wanted to get to know my sister - in - law better," exclaims Yoimiya.

"That is not the issue at hand. The issue is the fact you informed none of us of your departure. We were worried sick!" she exclaims."We informed one of the maids! She was supposed to tell you," mutters Yoimiya. "Which one was it, Miya?" asks Yoimiya's mother. "Kana," replies Yoimiya. "Oh, she fell sick today and had to go home early," says Yoimiya's mother, Nozomi. "Well, that explains. But yeah, we went to the onsen if you were worried," says Yoimiya.

Notes:

Sake - An alcoholic beverage made by fermenting rice.

Onsen - Hot springs and bathing facilities.