Chapter 5: Crushes

"Oh forget her, I mean, if you were never put into an arranged marriage with Ayaka! Would you like her then?" she asks. "Uhm, don't tell, but I kinda have a crush on Ayato," turning painfully red. Yoimiya almost leaps into the air in delight. "Awesome!" she exclaims. "Why the excitement Miya? I'm guessing you're relieved because you like her?" he asks.

Now it's Yoimiya's turn to blush red, as Thoma exclaims, "Hah! Thought so!" "I mean, me liking her wouldn't be an issue, right?" she whispers. "Course not, dummy. Besides, hanging out with Ayato was amazing..." replies Thoma, a dreamy expression on his face. "Spill!" exclaims Yoimiya, with a cheeky grin. "Alright," replies Thoma.

Two days ago, at the dinner table

 "Oh wow, they really are knocked out," mutters Ayato. "Except for me," quips Thoma. "Of course, Thoma Nagonohara, is it not? A pleasure to make your acquaintance," says the prince, walking over and sitting next to him, strands of snow - white hair falling softly past his face, accompanying his gentle smile.

"Y-Yeah, nice to meet you too, Kami-" starts Thoma, before Ayato interrupts. "No need for such frivolities, please, Ayato is more than enough," he smiles.

Ayato rises to his feet, and takes ahold of Thoma, hoisting him up. He walks, and Thoma follows, enraptured in the gentle prince's beauty. "What do you like to do?" asks Ayato, after a couple minutes of silence. "Uh, I enjoy playing games like Go, and battle, I suppose," he replies, after thinking. "Ah, another Go enjoyer? That's lovely to hear, in our house, Go is a favorite past time of ours," says Ayato. "Really? If you want, we can play!" suggests Thoma.

"Really?! I mean, are you sure?" asks Ayato, getting excited, before regaining his composure. "Of course! We have a board in my room, so we can play!" exclaims Thoma, pulling Ayato along. They climb up a set of stairs and reach his room. Ayato remarks at the aesthetic of the room, before they sit down and start playing. Thoma places down his piece, looking at the board. He heaves a relieved sigh, before turning to look at Ayato, who immediately turns his head, blushing, as he plays his own piece.

"So... I guess it was just us playing Go for an hour... but I could feel Ayato's gaze on me the entire time," says a flustered Thoma. "Oho?" says a smug Yoimiya.

The months rush by, almost as if time didn't exist. For 4 whole months, both Yoimiya and Thoma effortlessly lied to Ayaka's mother and that Thoma was hanging with Ayaka whilst Yoimiya was with her friends.

Blissful moments together, always spent in each other's arms. Ayaka and Yoimiya had gotten incredibly comfortable with each other in that little time. Petting each other, giving each other kisses on the hand and hugging. They were always sure to do these things away from Miss Kamisato's view, so they wouldn't get caught.

One day, they were going for another trip at the onsen. Just usual activities like they always did, however this time, there was a difference. Yoimiya was going to confess to Ayaka. She padded across the floor in only a towel, her golden hair already escaping the loose knot she had left there earlier, and softly falling onto her back. She picked up a strand and twirled it around her finger, questioning if this was even a good idea. But, if Ayaka wasn't into her brother, and wasn't willing to marry him of her own will, then she had to find out if they at least shared the same feelings.

She opened the door and into the onsen she went. She submerged herself softly into the tepid waters. She emerged from the water, before she heard a knock on the door. In walked Ayaka. Her snow - white hair, pristine as ever, wrapped into a loose topknot, and a soft smile on her face. She unwrapped her towel, causing Yoimiya to look away and blush. "Pfft, why did you turn away your head from me, Miss Nagonohara?" asks Ayaka, holding her jaw and tipping it upwards to look at her sternly, before giggling.

It's now or never.

With that Yoimiya reached out to the maiden, her warm hands encapsulating her face, before leaning in and kissing her. Almost immediately, she retracted, before speaking. "I-I'm sorry I did that, I meant no harm and it would be perfectly understandable if you don't wanna be friends and I- "she starts, before Ayaka lifts a finger and presses it on her lips. "Who said I wouldn't wish to be more than a friend, hm?" she asks, before kissing Yoimiya. She feels a rush of euphoria fill her up and kisses her back, her hand in her soft hair, and oh, it was all that she dreamed of and more.

Ayaka's lips are so soft, her hair smelling of fresh strawberry as she gripped harder onto her hair as they kissed for what seemed like eternity, before retreating. Panting, they both look at each other, before they start giggling. "Miya, you know you could've just asked, right?" says Ayaka, chuckling. "I probably could've, and I tried so many times, honestly, but it was always just got awkward, so I decided, fuck it," replies Yoimiya. "Ooh~ Did you just swear, my princess? Well, now that isn't very elegant of you, is it?" asks Ayaka flirtatiously, getting closer to Yoimiya, as she watches the blonde turning more and more crimson with every step. She kept moving forward until she had the blonde backed up against a wall. "W-Wait, it isn't time for that yet! We're not even sure what we are yet, even if we like each other!" she exclaims, flustered out of her mind.

"Who said I would? You Nagonoharas have very dirty minds, I noticed. Even Thoma is just like you," says Ayaka. "Thoma? So, I'm guessing he got together with Ayato, correct?" asks Yoimiya. "Yeah, he wanted to tell you as soon as you returned home, but I guess I spoiled it for you," she replies, chuckling. "Oh really?" asks Yoimiya, scooping up Ayaka, princess - style, leaving the formerly confident one a flustered mess. "Pfft, let's go home. We'll figure this out tomorrow, kay?" she asks, setting the princess down. "Mhm!" she agrees.

Notes:

Go - An abstract strategy board game for two players in which the aim is to surround more territory than the opponent.