Chapter 8: Wedding

Fumiko smiles and bows before leaving the room. "Well, since you're here and will probably be busy for tomorrow and the day before your wedding, I kinda need to do something real quick," says Yoimiya, before quickly pecking the Kamisato princess. Almost immediately, a creak of footsteps is heard, and Yoimiya swivels her head instantaneously, and notices her mother standing there. "Yoi...miya? What are you doing?" she asks.

"Mom-" starts Yoimiya, desperately searching for an excuse that explained the situation. "No worries, I had already thought you girls were in a relationship. You can't be constantly together and kissing each other and still be called friends," sighs Harumi. "You're not mad?" asks Ayaka, now on her feet. "Why would I? I presume Yoimiya has already told you, but I'm very liberal. I don't care who Yoimiya marries, so long as that person is able to make her happy," replies Harumi, smiling.

"No, I mean, that part makes sense, but like... I'm supposed to be with Thoma. Isn't this, sort of like cheating, but not really?" she mutters, looking at the ground. "Sweetheart, Thoma is with your brother, always. I already put two and two together and knew the both of you were with the other sibling. Really, the only opposer is your mother," she says. "I'll help you with this, and not snitch to your mom. Hopefully all will go well," she says, hugging the two of them.

"Thanks," says Ayaka, smiling gratefully. She bows and takes her leave.

It's the day of the wedding.

Everyone's rushing around, getting everything ready. Ayaka woke up to Lumine, who then quickly ushers her to the shower, and alerts her to only be there for about 10 minutes. After that, she's taken to the breakfast table and is served a bowl of Liyuean Bamboo Shoot Soup. She eats, the soup swirling around her tongue as she bites into the tender meat and lets out a sigh of happiness. 

After, Lumine takes her to her dressing room.

While Ayaka sits at her table, she grasps Lumine's wrist before she goes to take her dress. "Lumine, wait," she says, keeping her voice steady. "I didn't tell you this, but... today, I will marry Yoimiya," she finishes, closing her eyes. She slowly peeks to see Lumine's reaction and is shocked to see tears tumbling down her attendant's face. "Lumine, Lumine, what's wrong? You don't want us to be together?" Ayaka asks, frantic. "No, that's not it. I was talking to Aether about you two and he in turn, exchanged his opinion on Thoma and Ayato. The fact you two are willing to push on and get through this for love is truly beautiful," she smiles. "O-Oh, thanks," replies Ayaka as Lumine hands her the dress. 

Ayaka wriggled into the long, snow - white dress, the fabric clinging to her softly, skimming her entire frame as Lumine did up the zipper on her back and patted her back. "Give us a twirl!" exclaims Lumine, to which Ayaka happily obliges. She twirls, the fabric effortlessly flowing with her and the layers of twinkling tulle dancing along. "Ah, you look beautiful in that," smiles Lumine. She then places a diamond ornament of a Glaze Lily into her hair, tucking it in between her bangs, the hair now clipped up. She hands Ayaka an exquisite Sango Pearl necklace. Ayaka dons it, the pearls shimmering in the light.

"As for the rest of your hair, hmm, I think it might do you good to just leave it down. Perhaps weave in some braids to create some sort of hair crown?" mutters Lumine, deftly working through Ayaka's curls. Once she's done, she shows Ayaka. "Whoa, that looks great, Lumine," replies Ayaka. "Lemme add some florals in," says Lumine, as she entwines small Cecilia into the braid, sprucing up the look and making Ayaka look even more angelic. "Now if that isn't classy, I don't know what is!" exclaims Lumine. 

Fumiko walks in, holding her tiara. "Why Yoimiya, how come you're here?" ponders Lumine. "Hehe, looks like my disguise is working. I'm Fumiko, Yoimiya's body double since Miss Kamisato asked for Yoimiya to be there as Ayaka's bridesmaid!" she says, handing the tiara over to Lumine. "Whoa, impressive. You girls really thought this through!" Lumine exclaims, as she places the elegant crown on Ayaka's head. 

It was truly beautiful, with rhinestones in the shape of Sakura Bloom on the sides all leading up to a gorgeous star to finish it off. Ayaka stands up, her full attire ready to go. "Ayaka, I do have to admit, Yoimiya is a lucky girl to get to marry you," says Fumiko. They hear a knock on the cedar door and Fumiko quickly rushes off, as Ayaka quickly sits back down and Lumine pretends to finish doing her hair as her mother walks in.

"Ayaka?" she asks, before almost bursting into tears at the sight of her daughter all dressed up. "Oh, sweetie, you look so splendid in that dress, Thoma is surely going to fall even deeper for you at the altar when you speak your vows!" she exclaims, clasping Ayaka's arms, beaming at the maiden.

"...Uhuh, thanks," Ayaka replies, taking her hands away as Lumine finishes her hair. Her mother, oblivious, leaves the room as she shouts at Lumine to completed in no more than 15 minutes.