Chapter 12:Old Power

Xular woke from his meditation, and retrieved his staff. He exited the chamber, and walked down the winding staircase, leaning on his staff for support. He exited the building, and walked to the land port.

"I need a ride to the Rota Well" he said to the manager, placing a pouch of bronze Roens on the counter. "Right away, Ring Wielder" the Kalkar said.

A small speeder stopped. Xular hopped in, and the speeder took off. The Faellor driver didn't say a word the whole way, and Xular was content to let him, enjoying the peace. Half an hour later, they reached the Well. "Wait here. I won't take long" Xular said, and the driver nodded.

He walked up a hill, and through a group of Talinor trees. He quickened his pace, as he felt the power at the Well seeping into his old bones, responding to the remaining energy within his Rings. He walked past several ruins, and, at last, spotted the Well-a ring of boulders surrounding a huge stone basin, filled with energy in liquid form. He walked up to the basin, and dipped his hands into the energy. He reached out to it, and called it into himself. His Rings filled up with power. He then dipped the head of his staff, refilling the green Crystal in it. He strengthened his old body, and filled up the Rings and the Crystal to the brim. He walked off, away from the Well, back to the speeder.

The driver was waiting for him, doing something on his Electro Pad. He looked up as the Ring Wielder approached. Xular hopped in, and the Faellor activated the speeder, driving back to Suran.

When they arrived, Xular handed him a pouch of Roens, and thanked him, before returning to his tower.