Chapter 5:Reunion

Talaeos walked through the streets of Jorkal, his hood up, his cloak wrapped tightly around his body. He'd arrived a day earlier, and immediately began his search. He had sent a message to Lumaira and Juralen, but they wouldn't be able to join him for a while. Jorkal was a large city, spanning around 19 square miles. And as powerful as the three of them were, they did not possess the ability to teleport;no Sun Warrior or Ring Wielder did. That ability was only available to Tearia.

Talaeos spotted a large footprint, and knew where to look first. Haarzen's footsteps were indistinguishable from everyone else's, but his hound's were quite distinct. He quickened his pace, and followed the footprints. Soon, he noticed a strange smell, like that of embers exposed to a Sun Wielder's power for a few days. A smell unique to the hound. Soon, he saw the animal itself. It and its master, Haarzen, were in a narrow alley. Having sensed him, they turned, and Haarzen drew his darksword.

"Talaeos, ex Sun Warrior, the Hunter, the Scourge of Vanraael

"Talaeos, ex Sun Warrior, the Hunter, the Scourge of Vanraael. Do you really believe you can kill me alone? Over a hundred of your order came after me, along with most of the Ring Wielders. Two survived. And they are nowhere near us. You are helpless. Even with the Stone, you are no match for me. I will crush you before you even get the chance to use it" Haarzen said. "Actually, you are wrong. I do not plan on using the Stone again. Certainly not here. Juralen and Lumaira are here, and will join us soon. You will probably win, but by killing me, you will send out a beacon to every Sun Warrior who is still capable of fighting. Sooner or later, you and your hound will be hunted down and destroyed. Even if it takes our entire order to accomplish that" Talaeos said.

"It won't matter. There are dozens of other Tearia that will join me. Against them, not even your Elders can prevail. Only with the Stone's power you stand a chance. But you are too... noble to use it. You are too weak" the Tearia said, and attacked, the Hound backing him up. The Hunter blocked Haarzen's strikes and batted his sword arm aside, and slammed his elbow in his sternum. He pushed him away with a kick to the chest and slashed, his sunsword cutting a shallow gash on his chest. The hound tackled him and aimed for his throat, but he held it back with his arms and kneed it in the belly. He threw it off and unleashed a telekinetic blast, slamming it into its dazed owner. Haarzen shook his head and the hound snarled, and the two charged at him. Talaeos defended against their attacks with difficulty, not daring to strike back. He rolled between Haarzen's spread legs and slashed for his back, but his foe brought his sword behind him, blocking the attack and pushed him away with a casual telekinetic shove.

He spun and unleashed waves of water, fire and lightning, but Talaeos blocked with a shield of light, though the power sent him stumbling back. His foe's eyes flashed black, and two thin beams of dark energy shot out. Talaeos replied in kind. The gold and black beams collided, and they strained, trying to push the other's back. Haarzen was winning the contest. Talaeos broke off, and blocked the beams with a shield of light. He sent lightning raining down on the Tearia, but Haarzen raised his palm, absorbing the energy, and channeled it into a rain of ice shards. Talaeos melted the ice into water, and sent it back with telekinesis. He added lightning. The water and electricity combined, blowing up into Haarzen's face.