Chapter 28

“Her last location is at a clinic. They must have found the tracking device.” A man reported to Voltaire. The same man who killed Saffiraʼs house helper.

“Mukhang hindi siya kaanib ng SEL. Why are you targeting he---”

Bang! Ipinutok ni Voltaire sa tauhan ang baril na kanyang pinupunasan.

The man fell on the floor lifelessly with a bullet in his head.

“Then should I be targeting you? There, I did. I didn't pay you to be nosy. How dare you question my decision.” He said while blowing the edge of his gun and without even looking at the man.

“The first bullet is intented for Reevo but I'll give him the second bullet now. How dare him take away my prey.” He loaded the gun again.

“That feels good but this toy of mine is still the best.” Inilabas niya ang martilyong ginamit niya sa kanyang mga biktima. Itinatago niya ito sa kanyang safe sa lugar kung saan niya itinatago si Shahani. The said object is almost coated with blood na ngayon ay tuyo na.

He smelled the hammer like it has the sweetest scent. A total psycho.

Kung sa normal na tao ay nakakasuka ang bagay na iyon para sa kanya, isa itong throphy.

Pinuntahan niya ang nakahigang si Shahani sa basement. Pinunasan niya ang katawan nito at pagkatapos ay umupo sa tabi niya.

“Baby, do you remember that guy? Kairouz? Your lover who died? I remeber how good he is at getting into my nerves. Well, I just met someone who talk like him, a detective. I would want you to meet him once you wake up but he won't live long. My hand is thirsting for his blood. I might kill him. I'm sorry, baby. There is also this girl who stares just like you. What's her name again? Ah! Saffira! The moment I looked at her eyes, the way she glared at me with abhor, I remembered you. That's exactly how you look at me. If you're not lying there, I think you can get along well with her but too bad. I decided that she will be my next rose.” He held Shahaniʼs hand.

“And your parents called, baby. Don't worry, I told them that the news about me killing Kairouz is fake, that everything is fine and that you are alright. And guess what? They immediately believed me. Well, they should for you did your best fooling them.”

***
Keith, Jay, Will and Dave are summoned by Intensive Crime Team Two.

“We already told you. Hindi namin alam kung nasaan sila.” - Keith

“And they have not contacted us. We cannot reach them either.” - Dave

“Miss Saffira surely didn't commit the crime so focus on catching the real culprit instead of wasting your time barking on the wrong tree.” - Jay

“Don't you still have a case unsolved? You can't even solve that yet you take this case.” - Will

Nang masigurong sila lamang ay isinara nila ang lahat ng bintana sa kanilang opisina. Magkalapit na nakaupo at pabulong na nagsasalita.

“May kinalaman kaya ito sa natuklasan ni Miss Shahani? VOLDEMORT? I think Voltaire is the one behind all of this.” - Jay

“Do you trust her that much? You just met her for almost a month.” - Dave

“Bakit? Hindi mo siya pinagkakatiwalaan?”- Jay

“I'm speaking rationally. Her fingerprints and DNA are found in the victims body.” - Dave

“It's easy to manipulate those king of things now.” - Keith

“If she's really innocent then where is she?” - Dave