pink carnation

Soobin clears his throat as he walks alongside Gina, who's in her own world. She looks up, raising her eyebrows at him, inviting him to speak.

Soobin rubs the back of his neck anxiously, avoiding her gaze.

"Hey," he says quietly. "Can I ask you something?"

Gina nods, focusing her attention on him. "Always. What's up?"

Soobin runs his hand through his hair and takes a deep breath, shoving his hands deep in his pockets before turning to her.

"It's just," He pauses, not making eye contact. Soobin settles on staring at a spot over her shoulder. Say it, he urges himself. You practiced it. "

He opens his mouth to start talking, but she cuts him off, not noticing the tension in Soobin's body.

"I was thinking," Gina says, opening her locker and lighting up at the sight of the beautiful red-pink blossom. "I really want to know who this is. Do you think he puts them here in the morning? So if I came earlier, I would see him? Do you think he wants me to find out?"

Soobin sighs, fingers in his pockets curling around his phone as he listens quietly. If you would stop talking and let me talk, he silently yells at her, you would know.

"If it was me," he says under his breath. "Would you be okay with that?"

Gina looks over at him, the note in her hand. She smiles softly before realizing he's probably joking. The smile fades and she shakes her head, her eyes betraying her real feelings. Soobin would know that, if he had the courage to look at her.

"Yeah right," she mutters, unfolding the note.

Pink carnations - I'll never forget you.

Thank you for showing me how to love.