More Is Better

Double chapter today. Sorry 😅

🧮🧮🧮

It was a pleasant surprise when Sai agreed to play a game of chess for what he thought it would be the first and last time. However, as optimistic as he tried to be, he would never have imagined that he would see him board the ship.

That was the ultimate proof. Something had changed.

He looked a little more relaxed and no longer stared at him with that fear from before, fear that Ryusui tried to ignore despite having it well present in his mind.

Of course, he knew there was something, or rather someone, to whom he should thank for that. Someone who might have captured his brother's attention in more ways than one.

Just like now, during one of their chess games, which was taking place in their spare time while they waited for Francois to finish preparing dinner.

It didn't take him long to follow his brother's gaze and find the source of his distraction. Not that said distraction was doing much to help him win the game, yet. He was standing at the entrance to the dining room talking with certain scientist and every so often looking in their direction, an action that made his brother quickly return his eyes to the game in an adorable attempt to disguise it.

Ryusui didn't even bother to hide his smile.

"Ah, Gen?" He said, making his move and watching his brother straighten in his seat at the mention of that name.

"What-what about Gen?"

"What's not about Gen?" He replied with a laugh. "We should ask Francois to make something for him afterwards, you know, as a thank you."

Because of course, it was more than obvious that he had played a key role in Sai letting him get close without trying to run away.

"Oh yeah... that's actually a good idea," he admitted, looking back at the board. It was his turn to make his move.

Ryusui waited.

1, 2, 3 ...

"Hm, without a doubt, Gen is a man of many talents and abilities. I desire him!"

His laughter must have echoed throughout the ship when his brother evidently positioned his bishop in the opposite direction from the intended one.

"You-you desire him?"

"Sure, he'll be a great addition to the Nanami family, don't you think?"

He was determined, he would help Sai with the mentalist!

Well, once he defined what to do with Senku. He was still his friend after all and he could swear that the scientist had feelings for the mentalist that went beyond friendship.

Ryusui was so deep in thought as he turned his attention back to the game that he didn't notice how his brother had lost all the color in his face.

He had worried so much about Senku that he hadn't considered the possibility, what if there was something between Gen and Ryusui?!

***

"Stop smiling like that, it makes me nervous," Senku muttered, catching the mentalist's attention.

"Oh. come on, you're also happy that they have reconciled," Gen 'innocently' pointed out.

"I am, but it is obvious that you smile because you are proud to be responsible for it," he replied with an amused grin.