Someone Gets Hurt

I mean, I did have a plan for this chapter... but Senku decided to make my job a lot easier.

🧮🧮🧮

Senku knew that hell would break loose as soon as he revealed his plan and perhaps that was why he managed to remain calm, or at least appear as if he was, when that actually happened.

"Are you out of your mind?!" Chrome, as expected, was furious, and it seemed as if he was going to hit him for the way he took him by the collar of his dress, even managing to lift him slightly off the ground. In fact, hadn't Ryusui decided to intervene, perhaps he would have.

"I understand how you feel, but Senku is right, we have no other choice," he explained after making Chrome release him.

"You agree with that?!" Spoke Kohaku this time, who also seemed annoyed, but was trying to control herself so as not to upset Suika even more. She had glassy eyes just like Chelsea and Kaseki.

"You can't do that, if it is how you say then there are going to be some who we'll maybe... who we'll never see again!"

Ukyo, who had remained silent with his lips pursed and his eyes hidden under the shadow of his hat, rubbed his arm across his face before addressing the others, trying to comfort them, but without denying the plan. He understood that it was possibly the only option.

Only then did he dare to look in Gen's direction.

Gen who was still disturbingly quiet.

At first, he had assumed that he understood as well as Ryusui and Ukyo that there was no other option, but he hadn't intervened to calm the others with his words either.

Maybe he just needs time.

***

"Did you know about this?" Ukyo sighed, taking a seat next to Gen on his bed.

At some point in the discussion, the mentalist had escaped from the group and locked himself in his room. From how irritated his eyes were, it was obvious what he had been doing.

"No, although... I had my suspicions that he was up to something. It would never have occurred to me that that would be his plan," he admitted with a sigh. He didn't need to ask Gen if he knew, it was obvious that he didn't from his reaction.

It was unusual for Senku to keep information to himself, but even more so was for him to hide it from Gen. He could count with his fingers the times that had happened and most of them he wasn't even sure if it had been part of some plan or simply Senku improvising at the last moment.

"You could try to convince him to-"

"Wait? Please, Senku-chan isn't going to listen to me, not when he's so determined about it."

"I think if anyone can convince him, that's you." Gen shook his head, letting out a bitter laugh.

"Even if that was the case, should I? It's the most... logical answer, right?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, Senku-chan wouldn't go for that plan if he believed there was another way, right?" It took Ukyo a moment to realize what Gen meant by that. Soon he was wrapping his arms around him. "Because otherwise it would mean that he doesn't care-"

"I'm sure that isn't the case, I mean, Senku is a genius, no one doubts it, but... even if there were other alternatives, he doesn't have to know everything..."