Chapter 2: "From Dust 'til Dawn"

As The Revenant exited the underground tunnels and went back out into the night-struck city of Vale, he couldn't help but have a strange feeling in his gut.

A feeling like something familiar is up ahead...

'Weird... What's this feeling in my gut? It's like I'm about to meet someone familiar...'

But then suddenly, from a distance, he could see flashing colors from afar atop a large building. As he zoomed in with his helmet's optical sensors, he could see a fast, red blur racing atop the building's rooftop as it dodged a blaze of flaming fireballs coming from the open door of a bullhead airship.

"Scarlet, can you hack into the outer cameras of that bullhead up ahead?"

"Got it."

As Scarlet transferred the feed over to The Revenant's display, he could now clearly see the four people who are having a tussle on the roof.

One was a young female with a red cloak and a huge red scythe, and the other was a familiar looking blonde in white with a black and purple cape.

In the bullhead, only two people were visible. One was a ginger head man with a black bowler hat and a white coat, while the other, though hidden in the dimly lit, opened hangar door, was a female with blazing ember eyes and a flaming red dress...

Out of all these people, the woman with the flaming red dress caught The Revenant's attention, as she reminded her of someone from his past...
'If it really is you, then I'll have to see it for myself...' The Revenant thought as he raced towards the building.

As he got closer and closer to his target location, the dust shop "From Dust 'til Dawn," a redirected fireball came flying towards him, which he was able to dodge via a quick drift to the side.

'Well, things seem to be escalating pretty quickly there, eh?' The Revenant thought as he pumped up his motorcycle's speed.

As he tried to dodge more fireballs that were redirected towards his path, he then whipped out one his pistols and began to shoot explosive fire dust rounds at the incoming fireballs.

Eventually, he reached his destination. With both of his pistols, he shot his motorcycle into the air and began to ride up the side of the building's wall upon which he landed on. As he rode up to the top of the building complex where the battle was taking place, a certain memory flashed back into his mind...

"Could you... Promise me something?" A young girl asked the young boy.

"What is it?" The young boy asked.

"Promise me... That we'll always be there for each other," the young girl said as she held out her pinky. "Promise...?"

The young boy was quiet surprised, but also flattered and happy that the girl offered to initiate the pinky promise.

Without hesitation, the boy replied with his side of the pinky promise...
"I promise," the young boy replied.

The Revenant's fists clenched tighter on to his motorcycle's grips as he reminisced a memory from his childhood.

That was the day he made a promise to a friend....

A promise he failed to uphold...

Suddenly, he was pulled back from his trip down memory lane and back into reality as a fireball was deflected at him. He responded by grabbing his great sword and slashing at the fireball, causing it to split in two and be redirected to his sides.

He then accelerated his motorcycle even further. As the cold, night wind blew against his helmet while he rode across the wall of the brick building, he prepared himself for his "entrance."