See You Again

I wandered around the music classroom. Music has always been my salvation since I got my Cutie Mark. It helped me survive prison. I feel this particular classroom speaks to me. Most students come here to express themselves musically. I guess I could kill some time. I sat down on the classroom piano and played some keys. I then noticed a musical sheet to a song, with notes and lyrics. I read the song over, and there was something about the song that I could relate to. I then started to play the piano and sang...

It's been a long day without you my friend,
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.
We've come a long way from where we began,
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, when I see you again.

Why'd you have to leave so soon? Why'd you have to go?
Why'd you have to leave me when I needed you the most?
'Cause I don't really know how to tell ya without feelin' much worse,
I know you're in a better place but it's always gonna hurt.

Carry on...
Give me all the strength I need to carry on....

It's been a long day without you my friend,
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.
We've come a long way from where we began,
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, when I see you again.

How do I breathe without ya?
I'm feeling so cold,
I'll be waiting right here for ya, 'til the day you're home.
Carry on...
Give me all the strength I need to carry on...

So let the light guide your way, yeah,
Hold every memory as you go,
And every road you take will always lead you home...

It's been a long day without you my friend,
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.
We've come a long way from where we began,
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, when I see you again.

I continued to play the piano and sing the song until I was finished. Suddenly I could hear the sound of a handkerchief being blown on, and sobbing. I turned around and saw Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy. AJ and Fluttershy were in tears, crying. "How long have you been in here?" I asked, surprised. "After the first chorus," replied Rarity as she wiped a few tears to avoid smearing her makeup. "That was so sad!" Pinkie said, "I'm in a glass case of emotions!" She blew her nose again. "Dude, you and Twilight never told us you could sing!" Dash said, "you're like, really good. You'd be awesome in my band!"

"You mean OUR band, Rainbow Dash?" Applejack corrected, crossing her arms. "I appreciate the compliments." I said, "but I'm not interested in joining, The Rainbooms, is it? To be fair, that name sounds cool." Dash nodded and said, "heck yeah it's cool. We're gonna shred it at the musical showcase!" I asked, "the one that'll help raise money to fund for after school programs? That is a good cause." Pinkie nodded excitedly, "that's the one! It's a real shame you can't join us. You'd be great!" I stood up and replied, "nice as that is, I'm not interested. I know Twilight wants me to be nice to you girls. But I'm going to be brutally honest with you all. You didn't forgive my sister when she needed it. Yeah she made a lot of bad choices that I wouldn't condone, but you all shouldn't have let Sunset's past misdeeds hang over her and define her. Instead you let the anger you felt against her dictate how you treated her, and you did nothing as everyone tormented her. The only one who even made the effort to befriend my sister was you, Fluttershy. When all is said and all is done, I can't find a way to forgive you for doing nothing as Sunset suffered. I know Twilight would want me to, but I can't. So I'll simply tolerate you, but that doesn't mean I like you. Except for you Fluttershy, you're cool." The girls were stunned with silence. Applejack then said, "Ah will say that is brutally honest, sugarcube. Ah think we all had that dress down comin'. We all don't know the personal hell you've been through, Garrett. Ah know this may be considered too little too late, but if it gives ya any comfort, Ah'm sorry for doin' nothin'. Ah shoulda been there for yer sister, and Ah'm sorry." I then remembered Billy, Mero, and Capper's words regarding hate consuming me.

"I forgive you Applejack." I said, shaking her hand. At least I could give her some closure. I picked up my sister's belongings and said, "see ya I guess. If I'm at this dimension again, you'll know where to find me. Take care now." Right as I was outside the music classroom, I heard singing. I looked at the girls and asked, "did you hear that?" We quickly wandered over to the source of singing which was in the cafeteria. We went in and we saw Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk singing.

Adagio Dazzle: We heard you want to get together.
We heard you want to rock this school.
We've thought of something that is better.
Something that changes all the rules!
Why pretend we're all the same,
When some of us shine brighter?

Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk: Shine brighter!

Adagio Dazzle: Here's a chance to find your flame
Are you a loser or a fighter?

The Dazzlings: Me and you, you and me
Why don't we see who is better?
We don't have to be one and the same thing
Oh, what's so wrong with a little competition?
Are you afraid of failing the audition?

Adagio Dazzle: You're a star and you should know it!
Yeah, you rise above the rest!
It doesn't matter who you hurt,
If you're just proving you're the best!

The Dazzlings: Ah, ahh-ahh-ahhh
Battle! You wanna win it!
Let's have a battle, battle of the bands!Let's have a battle, we'll go all in it!Let's have a battle, battle, battle!
Battle of the bands!

As the three sang, I saw all the students get inexplicably angry and start arguing with each other. I also saw green mist emit out of the girls' pendants. Was this green mist making everyone, except for me and Twilight's friends, angry and competitive?

The Dazzlings: Me and you, you and me
Why don't we see who is better?
We don't have to be one and the same thing
Oh, what's so wrong with a little competition?
Are you afraid of failing the audition?
Battle! You wanna win it!
Let's have a battle, battle of the bands!Let's have a battle, we'll go all in it!Let's have a battle, battle, battle!
Battle of the bands!

Once the three of them were finished singing and everyone, except me and Twilight's friends, was arguing and yelling at each other, and those three girls collected all that green mist and became I think, powerful or something... I mean, I've seen prison fights, so this was nothing. I looked at Twilight's friends and asked, "you saw that, right??" AJ nodded and said, "we sure did, sugarcube." I gave a look of dread and said, "I knew I had a bad feeling about those three. Now I know why... They just manipulated the whole school into turning the musical showcase into a battle of the bands." Pinkie nodded and said, "that is bad."

See You Again (no rap version) originally by Charlie Puth.

Let's Have A Battle (Of The Bands) originally from My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks