𝚇𝙸𝙸𝙸

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 → 𝙸 𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚃𝚘 𝙰𝚍𝚖𝚒𝚝, 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝙶𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛

⊹ 𝟹-𝟷𝟶-𝟷𝟿𝟼𝟾 ⊹

I was doing fine, and now when I said that, it wasn't really a lie. I'd scored a recurring job at a popular music magazine here in London. It was pretty easy to score such a position since I was smack dab in the middle of the music scene, what with John Lennon fathering my child and Paul McCartney being my step brother.

Of course, with a job as a journalist came the realization that I needed to learn to write articles in addition to my photography because without elaboration, my photos were nothing but something to look at for about two seconds and move on. I'd spent the first two or so weeks of my new job shadowing more season writers at the same publication. I co-wrote with people, and while all of my co-writers were very impressed with my drawing and my photography, my writing was less-than-average, which was, of course, a nice way of saying that it was complete shite.

Now, however, I was on much better terms with the whole journaling thing. I'd spent a lot of time picking out random topics I found throughout my life and turning them into something. Paul would always be the person to look over the articles for me, and since he had a lot of experience reading articles, he could tell the difference between a shite one and a good one. After a few tries, I became better, and now, I was quite confident as a writer, almost as much as I was as a photographer, though I definitely still had a long way to go.

The Beatles were in India right now on some meditation retreat. I had been asked to go along with them, but I refused. I didn't have the bloody patience to sit down and meditate. Seemed a bit boring to me, though I knew that George and Pattie were both really into it, and I respected that. Paul was also becoming more wrapped up in it. I could tell from the letters he had been sending me every few days. He kept insisting that I just had to try it out because he thought it would be good at putting my mind at ease. About what? I wasn't too sure. As previously stated, I felt great!

"Jules, where's your backpack?" I asked as I turned around in a circle, looking for the green dinosaur backpack that John had purchased for him when he had started going to school back in January.

We were living in a flat down the road from Paul's house at the moment. Not only that, but we were also pretty close to Kenwood, so I didn't have to hear John bitch about Julian being too far from him now. All he had to do was hop in his ridiculously expensive Rolls-Royce and drive his arse down here.

"I hid it," Julian's voice piped from behind me and I turned around, placing my hands on my hips. "Ye what?" I asked.

"I hid it," he said. "Because I'm not going to school today."

I cocked my head to the side. "And why aren't you going to school?" I asked. "Mummy's gotta go to work, so you'll be here all alone."

"I'm not going because I'm sick," he said, offering up a clearly fake cough and a smirk formed on my lips.