𝚇𝙸𝚅

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 → 𝚂𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝙳𝚊𝚢

⊹ 𝟹-𝟷𝟼-𝟷𝟿𝟼𝟾 ⊹

"Mummy? Mummy? Mummy, I don't feel good." My eyes fluttered open as the words brought me out of my rather peaceful slumber. There was a small cry from behind me and I forgot all about how tired I was because suddenly, all that mattered was Julian.

"What?" I sat up and turned in the direction of Julian. He was sitting on his knees, his arms wrapped around his midsection, and he was crying, looking more than uncomfortable. "What's wrong, Jules?" I asked gently, reaching forward to press a hand against his forehead. He was burning up.

"My tummy hurts," he said in despair.

I gulped. "Do you feel like you're going to throw up?" I asked timidly.

"I don't know!" he said, fully bursting into tears.

"Okay, okay," I said. "It's alright. I'll make it better," I said, hurrying to get out of bed "Let's get you some water and some medicine, alright?" I said as I went to pick him up and carry him out of the room. He buried his head against my chest as he cried. "Julian, love, crying is only going to make it worse, alright? Let's calm down, love."

"I-it h-hurts," he told me and I gently rocked him back and forth in my arms as I made it to the cabinets and reached to get the medicine down from the middle shelf.

"I know it does, I'm getting your medicine, love, it'll be alright, I promise."

"Will I have to get surgery?" he asked me, sounding horrified.

I shook my head. "Of course, you won't have to have surgery, Jules. I'm sure it's just some stomach bug. Ye probably got it from school, it's okay."

Suddenly, it occurred to me that I was supposed to be in the studio with the Stones in the morning. Maureen had told me that she would watch Julian for me since it was a Sunday and he couldn't go to school, but would she really want to watch him if he was sick? Either way, I didn't want to make her do that and risk Jason or Zak catching whatever Julian had.

"Lucy went home yesterday," he told me. "She said she didn't feel good either."

Damn you, Lucy, I thought bitterly. How was I supposed to sit in on a Rolling Stones session with a sick toddler? It was simple. I wasn't going to. Christ, what would Mr. Stewart say?

"Mummy, I feel like I'm gonna throw up," Julian said suddenly, his crying picking up again. My eyes widened and I practically slammed the medicine bottle in my hands down on the counter, hurrying to the bathroom.

With the hand that wasn't stroking Julian's back, I ran my fingers through my hair. If this was a preview of how my day was going to go, it definitely wasn't what I had imagined.