01. Thief

She walked along the footpath with a wide grin as she was really happy that she officially became a member of the national figure skating athletes

She walked along the footpath with a wide grin as she was really happy that she officially became a member of the national figure skating athletes. She looked up at the iceiest blue sky and inhaled before speaking.

"thank you to whoever who gave me this life-" she was cut off by a hard push by someone and almost making her loose her balance. She was about to yell at him but she rather looked at the weak voice coming from behind her.

"thief! He stole my pouch, catch him!" the old woman almost screamed her lungs out but it wasn't that loud because she was weak.

Seohee's eyes widened and without wasting a second, she ran after him.

After passing through some groups of people she finally caught him by his shirt and pulled him, making him to fall on the ground.

"you jerk! Did your parents taught you to steal!??" pulling him by his collar, she questioned him. The thief looked young, maybe he was in high school. The audience were like, kinda confused that Seohee was a girl or boy by the way she acted.

No idea who called the cops. She was taken aback by the sudden realization and snatched the pouch before going back to the owner.

"halmoni!" she ran to her and caught her breath after sitting at the bus stop besides her and handed her her pouch.

"thank you sweetheart. These days I rarely see a brave girl like you. What's your name?" she patted her head and smiled at her.

"Seohee. Ahn Seohee, is my name" she answered with a smile.

"such a pretty name"

"halmoni, by the way what is inside that pouch? It doesn't looks like a money so-" the old woman looked at her blankly and that's when she was taken aback.

"o-oh, you don't need to answer if you don't want to- I was just curious-" she laughed awkwardly while scratching her nape but she was cut off.

"do you want to give it a try?" Seohee blinked multiple times to show her confusion before speaking.

"ne?" she questioned.

She took out some cards from the pouch and handed her to choose one. She had no idea and was completely clueless at that exact moment.

"choose one" she said and she politely nodded and plucked out one and gave her back.

The women looked at that specific card closely and sighed before giving her the answer, "some of the people are tied with their soulmates with red strings, some other with white strings and so on, but yours, it is tied with a black string."

"what does that mean?" she questioned her with curiosity in her eyes.

"everything is decided by fate. The moment you meet him, your unknown soulmate, you'll undergo certain differences and changes in your life. Everything will flip and will become twisted." She answered and held her hand. The woman looked at her in her eyes. but all she thought was not so necessary to say it to her.

Fate?

Soulmate?

Nonsense.

im back gais😔

im back gais😔