02. Black string

"is this, some sort of a game?" She thought she was just faking it

"is this, some sort of a game?" She thought she was just faking it. Such things like fate, doesn't really exist and it was just a superstition which people believe, she thought. And then it was reality after all, it was hard to believe everything she said. Plus, she didn't want to believe.

"child, I cannot force you to believe that even tho its true. I should get going now" she stood up, taking her stick which she used to balance herself and walked away leaving Seohee dumbfounded.

"I should not believe in these things" she scoffed and walked away from that place.

With her backpack hanging on her right shoulder, she carelessly walked along the han River with her phone on her hand and ear pods plucked in. Since she thought of listening to music while taking a walk.

"yah-" her shoulder hit against a person who came running with a high speed causing her to stumble backwards and fall on the ground.

"can you open your eyes and walk!?" said the boy who had just bumbed into her. Seohee noticed that he fell too. They both stood up and looked at each other's eyes. Both turning on their fierce eyes.

what a nuisance.

She looked at him with wide eyes before answering, "YOU JUST MADE ME FALL AND THEN ORDERING ME TO OPEN MY EYES?? YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CAN'T SEE" she scoffed.

"you. shut up" he paused.

"I don't have time for these shits. I'm already late" he shook his head, bending down to pick up his guitar case and backpack which was lying on the ground along with hers. But unfortunately the bag straps got tangled.

"ugh seriously-" he let out a deep sigh and then proceed to untangle the straps. She helped him after letting out a huge sigh. After a few seconds it was finally done and he ran away to wherever he was going, leaving her alone.

his attitude- oh my gosh I can't tolerate.

Seohee was about to leave the place when she found something on the ground. It was a bracelet. she questioned herself that who dropped it.

"Aigoo, what-" she flinched. She went through her pocket when she realised that it was her phone ringing. She answered it.

it took only thirty seconds.

thirty seconds to realise that her happiness was already gone.

She got a call from the director of the national athlete saying that she won't be able to join the national figure skating as Yoon Haein was already selected for that. The one who was regarded as the Princess of Yeonsei University. The girl who everybody envy.

Her happiness got away in a nick of time.

It was surprising. It never happened to her before.

She almost flinched when suddenly remembered what the grandma was saying a few hours ago, "everything is decided by fate. The moment you meet him, your unknown soulmate, you'll undergo certain differences and changes in your life. Everything will flip and will become twisted."

Black string?

She looked at her backpack, it was black and that boy's backpack was also black and the straps got tangled-

Her eyes got widened and her heart began to race.

Is it him?

Is he her soulmate?

The person whom she just swear that she would not meet him again?

Will she really live in a flipped world from now?