Our Little Big World : Fifth Song - Angel Eyes

Jem already decided to spend the Friday night watching K dramas when her phone started pitter-pattering. She grabbed and answered it.

"Hello, Jemimah?" The voice on the other line blurted.

Jem rolled her eyes, it's her buraot classmate, Sheki.

"Sheki, ikaw pala, ano yun?" Jem asked casually, "Napatawag ka."

"Ano na ha? Di ka ba sasama? Mag mumukmok ka nalang diyan?" Sheki almost screamed at her right ear.

"Sasama saan?" Jem asked, seemingly curious about this news.

"Diba, birthday ni Abelaine nung last Wednesday, ngayon yung party dito sa Flat niya" Sheki excitedly informed Jem.

Jem smiled, "Sige, gusto ko yan." Jem informed Sheki, "Kita-kits dyan" She added as she ended the call.

The smile from Jem's face started to fade, "F, what did I put myself into?" She thought as she looked at her reflection in the mirror.

--

Jem entered Abby's flat hesitantly, she was immediately greeted by Abby who was more than happy to see her.

"It's about damn time for you to get over Dana" Abby told her as she ushered Jem to the bar, "Drink to your heart's content, dito ka na din matulog. And you look great in that yellow dress." Abby added.

Jem gave Abby a gentle smile and a nod. The latter left as soon as she sat down at one of the bar chairs.

Jem checked out the place. It was lively, no loud music but rather a sweet love song playing. The lights are cool and wont murder your pupils. She ordered a glass of red wine which the bartender happily obliged. She drank it in one go and ordered another one. She kept on looking over her shoulder.

"May hinahanap ka?" A familiar voice greeted her.

Jem Gasped.

"Umbrella Girl!" She exclaimed. In front of her was the Chinita girl who gave her an umbrella a week ago. The girl is wearing a mix of Red and black dress and her hair is pursed beautifully at the back.

The girl smiled.

"Umbrella girl?" The girl asked.

"Di ko alam pangalan mo eh." Jem replied with a smile.

"Brei." The girl introduced herself, extending her right hand.

"Jem." Replied as she shook Brei's hand.

"I've been asking around the campus para mabalik ko sayo yung payong mo." Jem told Brei, "Pero wala yatang nakakakilala sayo."

"I've been asking around as well, about that crying girl in the waiting shed." Brei replied with a sheepish grin, "But no one knows you as well."

Jem rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Well, bagay sayo, you look like a Gem tonight." Brei replied as she ordered a glass of white wine.

"Is that a compliment?" Jem asked.,

"It is." Brei replied.

"Are you going to ask for my number?" Jem asked with a naughty smile.

"If I do, would you give it to me?" Brei replied without missing a beat.

Jem smiled as she took a sip from her drink while looking at Brei's eyes.

Brei followed suit, not breaking eye contact.

Then they both laughed together.

"Sorry, di talaga ako sanay sa ganun." Brei apologized, laughing.

"I know, you were bad at it." Jem replied.

"Ganun ka sama?" Brei asked with one of her eyebrows raised.

"Not really." Jem replied, "you almost had me."

"Almost lang?" Brei asked, "What tips me off?"

"Someone as beautiful as you wouldn't spend their time on someone like me." Jem replied as she shook her head and took a sip from her wine.

"What?"

"Sabi ko, I'm not worth your time." Jem replied as she looked Brei in the eyes.

Brei shook her head and replied, "You're as beautiful as the moon can be and I would be damned if I don't admit to myself na kinakabahan ako habang kinakausap kita ngayon."

Jem just shook her head and rolled her eyes, "Wag ako Brei, wag ak—"

Jem stopped as Brei moved closer.

"No Jem, I'm not kidding. You're very beautiful tonight." Brei replied.

Jem's heart skipped a beat.

"What are you trying to do?" Jem asked Brei in a deep tone.

"I'm sorry, I don't know it must have been the wi—"

Brei's words faded as Jem leaned over and moved closer as well.

"Don't blame the alcohol." Jem replied with a smile.

Brei stared at Jem's beautiful eyes with a smile.

Jem returned a grin.

Brei started singing along to that familiar song,

"Cause desire's a beauty when it looks like you

We can go to the moonlight and film all the things that we could be

There's no room for discussion, I knew

From your lips I could tell there's no angel like you" Brei sang alongside the song.

Jem's heart skipped another beat as Brei held her hand and looked at her eyes.

Jem flinched and pulled her hand away.

Brei gasped and immediately asked for forgiveness.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. I... I'm not usually like this, naka inom lang ako siguro." Brei tried to explain.

Jem just let out a sweet smile and gave a quick nod.

Brei smiled back and looked at Jem's eyes.

"Where do we go from here?" Brei whispered Jem.

Jem's smile starts to fade.

Something familiar starts to brew inside her.

Something familiar yet scary and she's drowning from its intoxicating gaze.

She looked at Brei and gave a broken smiled.

"I don't know, you tell me..." Jem replied.

=====

Author's Note:
So I'm done with the first half of this mini series and to be honest di ko pa na sisimulan yung other half. Ahaha (Insert scared laugh here).

So enjoy nyo muna to as I take a quick break but I'll comeback with something...

Exciting.