PikaBabe - I gotchu

"So where are we going?" Jem asked.

"Anywhere and nowhere" Dana replied.

Jem rolled her eyes and smiled "Fine but I'll call dibs on the playlist" Jem said as she grabbed her phone and connected it to the Car's Stereo.

"Knock yourself out" Dana replied with a smile.

Jem opened her streaming app and selected a playlist.

"Autotelic?" Dana asked as she tried to look at Jem without taking her eyes off the road.

"Hoy, concentrate!" Jem snapped at her.

"EDSA will always be a parking lot." Dana replied with a smile, "especially if you're going southbound in a friday afternoon"

Jem smiled as she enjoyed the sight of Dana trying to look at her while keeping her senses up. She poked Dana's face to force her to look at the road.

"Concentrate. You can ask me without looking at me." Jem instructed.

"Sayang din yang ganda mo if di ko titignan" Dana replied with a smirk.

"Play girl" Jem replied with giggle.

"Sayo lang, pero di ko pag lalaruan puso mo." Dana replied with a wink.

Jem gestured as if she was vomitting.
The two burst into a laughter spree.

"Pero seryoso," Dana said in a nore serious tone, "Bat Autotelic? Akala ko ayaw mo sa kanila?"

"They make good music." Jem replied with a smile.

"Pero ayaw mo sa kanila dati?" Dana asked again.

"Yep"

"Then why?"

"I like them now." Jem replied with a smile again.

Dana rest her case and just simply shook her head.

Jem saw this and was secretly proud of her little achievement.

"Making you surrender is so cute." She thought to herself.

Dana started humming the tune of the song.
Jem watched and listened to her for a few seconds before she spoke.

"I used to dislike you too, you know" Jem said.

Dana tried to look at her but she was met with her fingers again.

"Talaga?" Dana asked while still looking at the road.

"Yup, I disliked everything about you. Your hair, your eyes, your smile" Jem paused and looked at Dana, "The way you talk, the way you walk, the way you carry yourself. I hated it."

"Hala! Bakit naman?" Dana asked.

"I don't know, I just hated you." Jem replied with a smile.

"Pero bakit? Sagutin mo naman—-"

"Ang ganda ng sunset no?" Jem interrupted her.

Dana looked at the sunset and indeed, it wad beautiful, "Oo, ang ganda nga."

"That was my answer" Jem replied with a smile.

"Huh? Di ko gets." Dana said with a broken smile.

"Di mo alam na maganda yung sunset until pinansin mo, diba?" Jem said, "Ganun ka din dati. I disliked you because I didn't know anything about you. I didn't know you, why you smiled like that, why you laughed like that, walked like that, talked liked that." Jem added as she stares at Dana.

"It's human nature, to fear, to hate things that you don't know, you don't understand. But the moment na nakilala mo na, na you understand the reason behind the being of that person. Falling in love with that same person you used to hate isn't a far fetched dream." Jem said with a smile as she carress Dana's face.

"That's a surprise" Dana exclaimed.

"No, you're the surprise." Jem said.

"Huh?" Dana's dumb founded face is shown again.

Jem laughed when she saw it.

"Your my Universal Surprise." Jem explained, "Alam mo yun isang bagay na di mo talaga nakikitang mangyari sa buhay mo, yung kahit in your wildest dreams you know it will never happen, then it came along and you thought, what the heck, let's try it, let's dive into the unknown. Then you grabbed the chance. That's the Universal Surprise. It comes into your life in a very weird circumstances. In my case, that's when I realized that I was falling for you."

"Dahik ayaw mo?" Dana replied in an irritated tone.

"No, that was part of the surprise actually. Nagustuhan ko yung feeling na na realize ko na minamahal na kita" Jem explained, "That part was the best."

"Then I also got my Universal surprise then." Dana exclaimed

"Wag mong sabihin na nung makita mo ko. Hmp!" Jem replied.

"No, siguro nung na-realize ko na di ko na kayang wala ka." Dana replied, "Alam kong independent ako so nabigla ako nung natakot akong mawala ka sa buhay ko. I tried imagining my future without you. It was monochromatic as it can get" Dana explained.

Jem felt a warm fuzzy feeling her chest that she wasn't able to stop herself and she grabbed Dana's face and planted a kiss on her lips.

It was calm
Sweet
Intense
Sloppy
Messy
Yet flavor full kiss.

"BEEEEEEEEEPP" the car at their back honked at them.

Dana recovered and scolded Jem.

"Huy, ano tong ginagawa natin? Baka mabanga tayo." Dana scolded Jem.

"I'm not worried you know," Jem replied with a smile, "because I know I gotchu"

Dana smiled.