Revealing the Dangerous Truth

Abby has been starting at her laptop monitor for the last forty-five minutes. The only thing she was able to accomplish on that duration was writing the phrase "This is approved" and finishing her third cup of coffee.

"Fuck" She muttered under her breath. She finally acknowledges the fact that the only thing running in her mind was the bittersweet silence and that fucking puppy eyes Sela gave her an hour ago.

"Putang ina Marsela, can you fucking leave me alone? I need to approve this god damn list of purchase orders." Abby whispered loudly.

"You know those aren't urgent." A familiar voice made Abby snapped her head towards the door of her office, "Those aren't due until Friday next week. Besides..." The visitor paused as she looked at the three empty cups on Abby's table, "You need to fix that hangover of yours first."

"For Christ sake Belle, I'm not..." Abby stopped her protest when Belle threw something at her.

"Drink all of it. It will fix that shitty hangover of yours." Belle instructed her.

Abby did not complain as she emptied the ice-cold coffee in a can.

Abby closed her eyes and licked her lips as if savoring the sweet nectar that saved her from the depths of hell. She took a deep breath and let it out as a loud sigh.

"Thanks Belle, alam na alam mo talaga how to fix my shit." Abby thanked her friend who's just shaking her head in the corner.

"God Abelaine, dapat may stockpile ka niyan sa bahay nyo." Belle blurted out in irritation, "If you want to become an alcoholic, be a smart and functional alcoholic." Belle added as she took a seat in front of Abby's table.

"Meron ako sa bahay." Abby replied as she rolled her eyes, "..pero..."

"Pero kina Sela ka natulog?" Belle finished her sentence for her.

Abby clicked her tongue before giving a nod.

"Di ka magtatanong kung paano ko nalaman?" Belle asked Abby as the former let out a smirk.

Abby just shook her head and pouted, "Either si Shekinah lang naman yan or si Francine. Yang dalawa lang naman yung maiingay eh."

"So tell me, umamin ka na ba?" Belle's tone suddenly turned serious, "Because for crying out loud, sobrang obvious na."

Abby sneered as she shook her head, "I tried, pero nakatulog ako."

"Anak ng puts naman Abelaine." Belle exclaimed as she lightly taps the former's table, "Kung di ka naawa sa sarili mo, maawa ka kay Trix." Belle Added.

"I'm doing my best Aubrey." Abby exclaimed, "I even asked Sela earlier..." Abby paused as she remembers the scene.

"Asked what?" Belle asked.

"Sela told me that Trixie is not healthy for me. So I asked who's healthy for me. She answered anyone but Trixie so tinanong ko siya if siya ba healthy para sa akin..." Abby explained.

"Andddddd??" Belle asked further, "Anong sinagot niya."

Abby just tilted her head.

"Pucha wala?" Belle raised her voice, "Wala?"

"Wala" Abby whispered.

"Inang yan." Belle exclaimed, "Ewan ko sa inyong dalawa."

Abby just chuckled her frustration, "Ewan ko nga din." Abby added as she slumps back, "di ko alam kung alin yung masakit eh, yung ginawa nya o yung hangover na to."

"You know what, you can leave early today. Di ka naman kailangan sa general meeting. I mean, as the COO, you're not obliged to be there." Belle told Abby.