Taare hai Baarati

*******************************

Another year another bday, although all the friends and family members were so excited but she wasn't feeling the same excitement the reason was her longing. Her heart has always craved for one person alone it was her Priyatam, her Ajatashatru.

{Ankhiyaan milake channa aawe na judai we , dewi na Teri menu saari khudaai ve}

Since the day she had first laid eyes on him he was the one in her mind all the time, it felt as if she had forgotten her self since he came into her life.

As she was returning from her work she felt an immence calmness in her heart seeing the beautiful nature that looked like newly wedded bride due to arrival of rain.

A small temple flag can be seen swaying in the air, she went and sat on the staircase leading to the river bank as she faced the bridge.

Her eyes taking into account the beauty of universe that her Cute brother has created. Yes her Cute brother as in Lord Krishna. She can't help but smile as she can see his presence in every small thing. It is said that without God's wish not even a leaf can flutter so how can this nature come into existence. She can feel his presence in slow breeze, the small droplets of water,the flow of the river and above all her own heart.

She smiled at the feeling of being surrounded with the memories of his brother. It was almost night time and small stars can be seen twinkling in the sky above. A voice of someone clearing their throat distracted her from her thoughts.

She looked up from her spot to meet the copper hued man's eyes,he was as fair of complexion as pure gold, endued with a body which looks like that of a full-grown lion, and possessed of a large aquiline nose, and wide and expansive eyes.

She was taken aback at his unbelievably handsome features.  His face shined with righteousness and magnificance. He cleared his throat again when Sema didn't answer his question which he probably put forward more than ones.

Hii I am Dharm, I was just passing through here but the beauty of this place stopped me. Although he hinted at scenic beauty his eyes felt like they were talking about her when he used the word beauty.

Finally coming out of her trance she answered him, I am Sema. I was also unable to resist this place so I sat back to admire.

Seems like we two are similar to each other, his voice was authorative but his tone too humble. They both kept looking at each other for a while.

Rivers are so pure aren't they he started the conversation, giving us humans a livelihood , a home and then quench our thirsts. Benevolence at its peak.

She smiled at his words, a young man who is into philosophy how rare such people are to find today.

She then answered , life lived for others is one to be valued the most. He hummed at her answer. Then faced her.

Wish you very happy birthday Sema. I wish that you find the one precious gift that you have been looking for whole of your life. Sema was astonished, how can this stranger know it's her bday.

As if reading the question in her eyes he immediately pointed at the small bouquet she was holding with card greeting written on slip.

She blushed , why is she acting like he was someone mysterious.  As they were talking to each other the melody coming from someone's mobile made them both freeze at their spots.

(Taare hain baaraati
chaandani hai ye baaraat
Saaton fere honge ab haathon men leke haath
Jiwanasaathi ham, diya aur baati ham )

Sema was unable to understand why was this song making her feel like it's a promise to her from the stranger , one whom she just met. Why is he appearing like someone who she knows from many past births. Why is he giving her vibes of her life partner. She never felt this attracted to anyone in her entire 20+ years of existence.

He continued , so Sema you can share why you are really here. He said as if he can see right through her. And his words are so magnetic that same girl who doesn't share even trivial details of her life was ready to tell him everything. Her heart was screaming at her to share with him.

I fell in love, isn't it funny? she said sarcastically. I feel that my love for him is not enough that's why he isn't here with me.He listened to her carefully. Then he answered.

Ganga yamuna se bhi paawan tera mera bndhan
Tera prem hai fulawaari aur mera man hai angan
Janmon janmon ka hai sajani tera mera saath

Love, it's beauty and flow is as pure as the water of Ganga and Yamuna. Once it makes way into life, it irrigates the heart and makes it blossom like the garden. If you love someone then it's impossible to shield your heart from being hurt. The second we choose to love we open our heart to be hurted without any return but does that make anyone stop loving.

The act of being vulnerable in front of someone is very brave and at the end of the day even the pain feels rewarding as it's associated with our lover. May be you two are meant to be for birth after birth.

Sema was looking at him in awe. His words were dripped in wisdom and she was still unable to comphrend the out of body experience she was having.

His eyes once again met that of Sema's and then he said something that she had never expected to ever hear in her life.

And My love for you is not bound by births or deaths. It will continue to flow unhindered no matter the universe we meet in. Your Ajatashatru will never be able to part from you.

His tone, his words, his reassurances , all the doubts removed from the mind of Sema.  Swami, you are here, you are here for me. You came.

Her eyes started to tear like crazy as she let those drops dripping with love for him fall unabashedly from her eyes.

He himself was unable to resist staying even a feet away from her. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her into his arms.

Tu jo jiwan men jo pritam
sukh nahin maangun duja
Arati nainon se karati hun
man se teri puja
Main to dharm hi samajhun
teri kahi hui har baat 】

This was the one, apart from whose presence in her life, Sema has never asked for any other happiness. She worshipped him with her every breath, in the chamber of her heart he was the lone God. His every word was the literal religion of her life.
And he himself had taken her into his arms.

Sema my dear, never ones in your life think that I can part from you. I am with you and I will stay with you. Every single step you take I will be right next to you.

Jeewan sathi , life partner that's what you call me right . Keep it in your mind that just like Lamp and it's wick , can never leave each other. Even if the wick stops glowing lamp sticks to it I will always stick to you.

While saying so his eyes shown brightly with unadulterated love for her and one day I will walk those seven steps with you. It's a promise to you from me.

{Saaton phere honge ab haathon me leke haath jeewan saathi hum diya aur baati hum}

That was the most beautiful bday for Sema as she spent it hand in hand with her Ajatashatru. A promise of forever, inseparable like lamp and wick (diya and baati) their love burning brightly beneath the starlit sky.

*******************************

Dedicated to DharmaPriyaa
Wish you very happy bday didi.
I hope you enjoyed this story.

Much love
-Jaya