|37|

"It's Dad's birthday today." I smiled at Georgie and he returned the smile.

"It's his birthday today?! Why didn't you guys tell me?" Dino huffed, and Georgie and I side-eyed him.

"You never asked when our parents' birthdays were."

Dino rolled his eyes, but furrowed his brows. "What did you guys get for him?"

"Nothing." Georgie shook his head. "Lucio and I usually make him a cake."

"What the hell am I supposed to get him if I have no money?!" Dino tugged at his hair. "I'm the worst son ever."

"Probably." Georgie and I said in sync, the both of us earning a glare from Dino.

"Fuck you both!"

"Dino?" A hand wrapped around the base of Dino's throat from behind, Bubba rubbing his thumb across the left side of Dino's jaw. "Did I just hear you say a bad word?"

Dino froze, then nodded and tilted his head down. "I did. I'm sorry."

Bubba kissed the side of Dino's head. "You better learn to control your mouth, Dino."

"Yes, Bubba." Dino blushed.

"So what were you boys talking about?" Bubba asked us.

"We were talking about Dad's birthday. Dino didn't know it was his birthday today, and got mad but he never asked when Dad, Papa, or your birthday was." Georgie explained. "Dino doesn't know what to get for Dad."

"You don't have to get anything, Dino." Bubba told Dino, but the latter shook his head.

"I want to, but I don't have money." Dino shyly looked away.

"Your papa and I didn't get him anything. As long as we buy him dinner, then that's perfectly fine with him and it makes him happy. Georgie and Lucio make him a cake and that's it." Bubba patted his head with a smirk. "Don't worry about it, Dino. If you really want to give him something for his birthday, then let him have..."

Bubba whispered into Dino's left ear which caused the latter's face to turn bright red as he looked down at the floor, making Bubba laugh.

"Bubba, where's Romeo?" I asked.

"With your papa. Your dad is getting ready."

I nodded and walked to my parents' room. I found Papa with Romeo asleep on his chest as they watched tv.

"Papa, is Romeo ok?" I quietly asked.

He waved me over and patted the spot beside him. "He's ok now. Your dad had to punish him and set some rules for him. Romeo was scared that we would abandon him, but we reassured him well."

I nodded and stared at Romeo's sleeping face. His right cheek was squished on Papa's chest, so his lips were in a pouty face. Papa brushed Romeo's jaw and I watched Romeo snuggle deeper into him.

"Luci!" Dad came from the bathroom and hugged my shoulders, gently kissing my head. "I've decided what I wanted for my birthday today."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I think I just want to spend it here at home and we can bake some cupcakes, and eat it later tonight. You and Georgie can still make me my yummy birthday cake, but we can also bake more desserts." He explained in an excited tone.

"Are you sure you don't want to go out for dinner like usual?" Papa asked, but Dad firmly shook his head.

"Nope. I want to spend it here with our family." He blushed happily.