| 𝖓𝖚𝖌𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞 |

𝖓𝖚𝖌𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞 |𝖆𝖉𝖏| 𝖚𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖔𝖗 𝖋𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖊

"Felimid?"

"Vaeril? It's really early. Why are you up?"

The king sighs, "I haven't slept..."

Felimid frowns, "I'm sorry. It's about me isn't it?"

"I fear for your safety, my dear."

The human isn't sure when the nickname started but he's oddly not bothered by it. Moving from his bed, the mercenary meets him by the door, "I'll be fine. He may know me but he doesn't know me as I know him."

"Still. It doesn't feel right. Something is going to happen."

The mercenary sighs, "I know. I feel that too. If..." he hesitates, "If my time comes I promise you it won't be in vain."

The very thought shot a pang of guilt and pain through the elf's heart, "Don't speak like that!"

"Vaeril. Things happen. If it does, whether you like it or not, I want you to make sure my sister is okay."

"I- fine. I'll make sure she's fine."

Felimid smiles, "I want her to have a good life, Vaeril. Please. I beg all the gods for you to do that."

The desperation in the human's voice brings tears to the elf's eyes, "I'm sure she's been fine so far, Felimid."

The mercenary shakes his head, "I've tried my best to provide for her and give her a chance and a life I couldn't have. Make sure she has the funds and protection to do so, okay?"

Vaeril smiles, "How about this...you survive and help her yourself?"

He sighs, "Vaeril..."

"I know, Felimid. You're going to tell me that you can't promise anything, but I know for sure the Felimid I know wouldn't tell me he can't do something he put his effort into."

The human hesitates, "You...you can't tell me that."

With a small scoff, the king turns around in the room, "Do you realize how this affects me?"

Felimid sighs, "I can imagine it-"

"No," the king growls, a surprising sound, "You can't."

He gets close to the human again, "For the first time in my life I am getting what I want."

"I don't understand-"

"I want you, Felimid."

That makes the man stop all his movements and all his thoughts cease, "I-"

"I want you in my life so bad that I can't stand the thought of you leaving me, let alone your sister. Alova and Asava love you, they think of you like a brother. Morian loves joking and helping you in teasing me. Thonal sees you as a son. And I can only imagine how Dahlia looks up to you, Felimid. You can't just put your life on the line for some mercenary code or whatever it is!"

"How about you?"

The king looks at him, "What?"

"You told me why they'd miss me. But you didn't say why you would."

Vaeril rolls his eyes, "Must you be yourself right now when I'm trying to yell at you?"

Felimid smiles, but only slightly, "It'd make this a little easier..."