Sorting

I OWN NOTHING !!!!

Chapter 3:

Today was the day. September 1st. It had been exactly three days since Severus had taken Briar Rose in. Three days and now she was off to school. Briar sighed now dressed in her robes all ready for the train. She wondered why she couldn't go with Severus but he told her all first years did it, it was tradition. Now he stood standing by her in front of the engine. This day had come too fast for his liking. 

"Briar, you have a few galleons with you to by food or treats correct?" Severus asked for the third time.

She nodded again to assure him. "Yes sir." She murmured.

Severus breathed and nodded. He kept his cool mask to the people around them but she knew he was nervous like she. Over the few days she had been studying the wizarding world to a pin. She made sure to know as much as she could to be prepared for school. Secretly to Severus' not knowing this was her first time in school and had never been to primary school. She had luckily found a pen and paper before and learned over time how to read and write. No one would have known though she had never really faced the public. 

"Well this is good bye for now Briar, behave and good luck in the sorting." He nodded curtly and was gone with that.

She waved good bye glumily. She had put her stuff on the train and now must find a seat. She slipped past by many of the eldee students unnoted. She was good at it since she had beeb on the streets since seven. Yet no one would know it now. She found her way to a room and seated herself down. Luckily enough it was empty. She sighed and fell back. She pulled out her book then and began to read. Severus had gone into diagon alley recently and had gifted her with a worn copy of Alice in Wonderland. She had loved it since. 

The train had not started to move yet when a knock interrupted her reading. She looked up to see a boy. He was fair haired like she. On his robes she could tell he was older. Maybe in his second or third year. He wore a green tie with silver like his eyes. He looked over her with a sneer.

"Ew, a first year. Bloody hell come on lets find a knew cart." The boy spit moving down the hall.

Briar just blinked confused by the boy. She was used to hate from people so she ignored his petty slur pretty easily. She was about to turn back to her book when a girl with long blonde hair came in. It was curly yet matted a bit. She had it tied back and she was in a frumpy cloak. Yet had weird earrings and a pink jumper over her uniform. 

"Hullo," She greeted breathily. 

Briar took a second looking over the slightly taller blonde girl. "Hello," She finally greeted back. 

"I'm Luna Lovegood, do you mind if I sit in here with you. I'd prefer to. People out there are too much when you want to read about Nargles." She said softly.

Briar looked up now confused by such a word. "Nargles?" She asked curiously.