The Chamber of Secrets

Briar Rose:

When we entered the library Irma was to her books. She didn't seem too happy about the books she would have to take back tomorrow. Irma however, her fears were more. I slid to be behind the books. I found myself curled up with a few books and settled down to read.

I noticed the sun setting as I stood up to grab another book. I crept around I was about to sit down with a new one, when I spotted something. Passing by the entrance.

Two figures were sneaking about. I raised my brow and looked out to them. I spotted red hair on one head. Ron and Harry were out and about again. They really did enjoy breaking rules. At this point I couldn't say I was innocent. I had joined them after all a few weeks ago.

I tip toes passed Irma who had dozed off at her desk. I crept out of the room and quickly after the boys. It was pretty easy to catch up to both of them.

"What are you two up to?" I asked quietly tapping Ron on the shoulder.

"Ah!" Ron jumped slamming into Harry. Both tumbled onto the ground.

I chuckled a bit blushing. "Sorry, only want to know what you are doing."

"You are too curious aren't you?" Ron grumbled standing.

"More or less." I shrugged. "So what's the adventure?"

"We are going to help Lockhart." Harry answered. "We think we know where the chamber is, also what the creature doing this is."

"I believe I'm onto something as well for it. Basilisk sounds about right."

"How'd you find out?" Ron asked.

"I -I have my ways. Plus I've been locked up in the library for most of the time." I shrugged. I didn't exactly know how to explain the talking to snakes thing.

"Books got it." Ron nodded.

"Well let's continue on, let's help Lockhart. The man could use all the help he can get." I giggled.

"You're right on that." Ron said in agreement.

We headed down towards Lockhart's office. It was darker down here. We made our way to his office, only to hear a lot of scraping and hanging from inside. In Merlin's name what could have him making so much noise? Harry raised his hand to the door and knocked. All noise stopped.

The door opened a crack. His eye could be seen. "Oh, Mr. Potter... Mr. Weasley... Miss Briar Rose..." He opened the door a little bit more. "I'm rather busy at the moment. If you would be quick..."

"Professor, We've got some information for you," Harry said. "We think it will help you."

"Er -well -it's not terrible -" from what I could make out of his face he seemed very uncomfortable. There was almost a nervous twitch. I tilted my head at this. "I mean -well -well alright."

He opened his door to us and allowed us in.

We noticed then his office was stripped down bare. Two large trunks stood open on the floor. Robes, were folded up hastily and books thrown in as well as other things.

"Going somewhere?" I asked casting my gaze back to him. He fidgeted and turned a bit to avoid me.

"Yes professor are you going somewhere?" Harry echoed.

"Er... Well... Yes." He said. Ripping a poster of himself down and rolling it up. "Urgent call... Unavoidable... Got to go..."

"What about my sister?" Ron piped up.

"Well about that -most unfortunate." He said, avoiding eye contact as he emptied a drawer into a bag. "No one regrets more than I-"

Ron and Harry frowned and their brows furrowed at this. I bit my lip as Ron turned red. "You are the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher!" Harry protested. "You can't go now! Not with all this dark stuff going on here."