Who Cares When I Hurt?

"Mom. Can I ask you something?" My voice quavered as I fought back tears. I was pushing my glass of milk around. I wasn't hungry.

Yeah what is it sweetheart?"she said sweetly. She turned around from the blender and looked at me. "What? What's wrong Kayleb?" She sat down next to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Why does Dad hate me for being nothing more than who I am?" I asked. She looked down and shook her head. I knew she didn't know either. I was so confused! She got up and went to the kitchen door to see if my dad was in the livingroom. Im taking it he wasnt because she said loudly:

"Because he doesn't understan that life is to short. You can only be who you are. If he can't accept that, then he'll never know what it's like to have a son."

Oh. I got up and went downstairs to my bedroom. I slipped on my yellow skinnies, my black Nirvana sweatshirt, and my all batman chucks. I tussled with my hair and threw on my "come at me bro" belt. "I'm off to school!!" I walked out of the door and began to walk to school. It was chilly, but not cold.

When I got to school, I went to the top corner and waited for Zeke. I put on my headphones and started listening to Pathetic Ordinary by Alesana. I wasn't paying attention and Zeke came up behind me and pulled my ear. I turned around and gave him a long hug. He looked up and gave me a kiss and said "Here. I think you might like this." He pulled out a Linkin Park CD. My face lit up and i hugged him again. "You like it?"he asked. "DUH!?!?! I screamed and hugged him again tightly.