Chapter six

*ADAMS POV*

"Baby!! Are you awake?? Talk to me!" Kayleb was sitting up in the bad. I ran over to him. "Im fine. Just have a killer headache. What happened to me?" He asked softly. He looked terrified. "I woke up this morning and i kissed your neck and and eubbed ur side. Usually you would softly giggle or something, but you didnt! I flipped you over and blood was coming out of your ear!" I explained how scared i was of losing him. Tears filled my eyes and streamed down my face.

The doctor walked in the room and i jumped up quickly.

*KAYLEBS POV*

"Doctor! What'st wrong with me?" I asked. I motioned for Adam to come here. I made him lay in my lap and I stroke his hair ever so gently. "Kayleb have you hit your head recently?" The doctor asked me. I nooded and said, "yes." "Well, you have swelling of the brain and a small concussion. You will be okay, but we do need to put you into surgery to relieve the pressure on your brain." I nodded. Adam sobbed loudly and i pulled his face into my hands. "Stop it Adam! Stay strong for me!! Please!" He nodded and wiped the tears from his face.

I leaned down and kissed him. My dad walked in. I didn't know until he said, "Kayleb. I already knew, but you never told me." He had a smile on his face. I smiled to. Finally someone in my family accepts the fact that im gay. I kissed Adam one more time before they wheeled me away for surgery.

*ADAMS POV*

It seed like hours and hours that I waited. The hours turned to days and the days turned to centuries. He went into surgery at 10:33 pm and when he came out it was 2:28 am. When they wheeled him into the room I jumped up. I called his dad and tol him to come to room 103 in Saint Helena hospital because he switched rooms. Kayleb was still sleep from the anesthesia. I salumped in the chair. His father, James, walked in.

James:Thank you for taking care of my boy.

Me:No problem Mr.Grimaldi. I love him to much to wver let any harm come to him. If i can prevent it, i will.

James:You love him dont you?

Me:Yes.

James:How long?

Me:5 years sir.

James:Well, whatever you are doing. Keep doing it. That boy loves you.

Me:Didnt you hate him for being gay before?

James:yea and it was a mistake. I love my boy no matter what he does. I only hated him because I was struggling with my own sexuality. But now im ready to except it.

Me:Good

When everything got silent i drifted to sleep. When i woke up, James was signing the release papers and gathering Kaylebs things. I ran to him and kissed him. In the car I sat in the back with Kayleb. "Can I come over to your house for a bit?" I asked Mr. Grimaldi. He nodded.

*ZEKES POV*

Regan punched me in the face and threw me to the floor. My nose gushed blood. "DONT YOU EVER RUN AWAY FROM ME LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN!!!!" I nodded and he snatched me off the floor. He smacked me in the face lightly and told me to go clean myself up. I walked to the bathroom slowly and closed the door. I started to cry as i grabbed a rag and cleaned the blood off my face. My body aches all over. I ripped my shirt off.

I had bruises all over my body. I had bruises in the shapes of hands on my shoulders. Regan burst through the door and i wiped my face quickly. He came over and started to rub my chest and kiss my neck. I wanted him to stop, but i was to scared to move. I knew what was coming. I wish i could escape! I dont want this to happen. I was hopeless and i let him do what he wanted. When he finished I made up an excuse and left. I was never going back to his house. And he isnt coming to mine. I needed to find Kayleb.