chapter five

"I'm driving you home. I dont trust them." I heard Adam walking up behind me. He came over and hugged me tight. "BITCH IM TALKING TO YOU! DON'T WALK AWAY FROM ME WHEN IM TALKING TO YOU!!"I heard Regan shouting. I turned around quickly. Zeke was storming away and Regan chased after him. He grabbed Zeke by his hair and pulled him to the ground. As Regan forcefully punched him in his face Zeke begged, "please! Regan stop it! Please!!!!" A teacher came and pulled Regan off of Zeke. Adam pushed me out of the door.

"Hey you still wanna hang out tonight?"Adam asked me softly. I shook my head, "No i just want to be alone. Some time to think." He nodded and drove me home. As i was getting out of the car, Adam grabbed my arm and pulled me back in. "Call me if you need anything."He kissed me and let me go. When i got inside i went straight to my room. "Who was that? Your new gay lover? Your such a faggot!" My sister snarled. I just walked away. I hated my life at home. My sister treated me like shit all the time. She beat me and she tried to drown me once. My mom was sick. Mentally not physically.

I walked up to my room. The front door swung open and i heard a deep voice say, "Im home! Kayleb! Where are you? Son!" "Dad?"I said softly. I slowly got off my bed and my bedroom door swung open. I was overcome by the warm embrace of my father. "Im gettin you out of here. Come on. Get your stuff." I started packing my shit quickly. I was throwing shit everywhere. I wanted out of this hellhole! It took me about 45 minutes. "Ill go put this in the car. Grab the rest of your stuff." He walked out of the door carrying all of my stuff. "Youre leaving? Good because im tired of taking care of your pussy ass!" My sister hissed at me.

"Nicole. Get your shit. Unfortunately, you are coming to." My dad spoke in a monotone voice. She rolled her eyes and went in her room. My dad looked at me sadly and mouthed 'im sorry'. I nodded. I went outside and called Adam.

Adam:hello?

Me:My dad is here.

Adam: i told you everything would be okay!

Me: Nicole has to come to

Adam:im coming to your house

Me:im coming to yours. I dont think my dad knows im gay yet. Ill be there in a bit.

I ran. I ran as fast as i could. Adam was sitting on the porch. I started crying.

*ADAMS POV*

He was running and I quickly stood up. He jumped in my arms and i held him tightly. I could feel his chest exhaling sharply as he cried. I stroked his hair, "Youre okay now. Your okay." I said softly. I sat down with him in my lap and rocked back and forth. I have loved this boy since i was 12 and im 17 now. He was still crying. I was gonna sit here and let him cry in my arms for how long he wanted. He finally started to calm down and he looked at me. I wiped the tears off his face. His eyes where red and puffy. They where big and green and the tears made them twinkle more. "Im cold." He said softly. I took my jacket off and wrapped it around his shoulders. I pulled him into my chest and rubbed his back. His phone rang and he answered.

"My dad said i can spend the night here if it was okay with your mom. And i i coulnt he will come pick me up." He spoke softly. "You can stay." I picked him up and carried him to my room. He was sleep on my shoulder, so i gently laid him on my bed. I went into my bathroom and stripped my clothes off. I got in the shower and let the water run over my skin. I looked at the scars on my arms and began to think...

*FLASHBACK*

"Your nothing but a worthless faggot!" My dads last words as he stormed out of the house. I was only 12 an all i did was tell him i loved Kayleb. I ran to my room and cut. I cut and cut. Deeper and deeper. Longer and longer. I nearly died that night. I would have died if it wasn't for Kayleb. He found me laying on the floor and he called the cops. I lost 13 ounces of blood.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I washed and shut off the water. I threw on a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I walked back into my room. Kayleb was still sleeping. I laid down next to him and held him in my arms. I kissed his forehead and drifted to sleep.

*ZEKE POV*

I sat on Regan's bed. I waited for him to get out of the shower. I looked around nervously. I heard the door open and i jumped. "What the fuck! Chill out Zeke!! Smoke some weed, pop some pills. Jesus!"he said sarcastically. He threw a blunt in my lap and i smoked it. I was half way through it when he jumped on me and put it out. He kissed me deeply, forcing his tongue down my throat. I gagged. "What the hell if you throw up on me im gonna beat your ass. Now stop!" He yelled. I nodded. Why did i have to be so scared of him? He used me for everything! Sex, drugs, clothes. I need to grow some balls.

I kinda got nervous. He started to unbutton my jeans. "Regan stop!!" I got up and ran out. Hes gonna beat my ass for this. I got in my car and drove to the river. I took my shoes and socks off and walked along the shallow end. I cant take this anymore. I miss Kayleb. I let Regan take him from me! I hate my life.

*ADAMS POV*

When i woke up the next morning, Kayleb laid next to me looking out the window. I kissed his neck and rubbed his side. I didnt get a response. I flipped him over and there was blood on his pillow. It was coming from his ear. He wasn't moving or talking. "MOM!!!!!! MOM I THINK HES DEAD!!!!!" I screamed so loud. What the hell happened to him? I can't lose him! My mom came in and called 911. I sat on my dresser and cried.

~later at the hospital

*KAYLEBS POV*

I had a pounding headache when I woke up. Where am i? "Adam was sleeping in the chair next to me holding my hand. There was an ivy in my hand. Why am i in the hospital?