Chapter 9 - Theorize

Kuma was now walking into Mr. Tanaka's office. Every step he took the time slowed down ever so slowly. And the impact of his feet touching the ground pound in his ears. He was nervous and starting to sweat. Dr. Tanaka sat in his chair and Kuma sat across from him. Doctor took out some lined paper and a pen.

"You take good notes?" He asked.

"I will do my very best Doctor." He said sitting straight in his seat trying not to move too much.

"I'm surprised. Not sure if you would show up boy. Like I thought I was bullshitting you."

"I don't think an individual in your profession would joke about such a thing Doctor."

"You have a very good perspective."

"Thank you. I appreciate that. Now I have an assignment. Go for it."

"Take this pen and paper." The boy grabs it and is ready to write. "I need your full name, address, and cell phone number." Kuma writes down all his information as neatly as possible and raises his head. "Now. In less than a page, ask me why you are here."

"I will do my best. Tell me when to start." Doctor Tanaka laughs. "Doctor what's so funny?"

Dr. Tanaka regains his composure and sits straight in his chair. "Well you don't have to write. You pass."

Kuma itches the back of his head and sweatdropped. "I am so confused."

"You didn't ask me why you had to write. And I know why you're here. The point was is how well you did. Asking few questions and following instruction. Dressed appropriately for this occasion as an added plus. You seem very easy to teach."

"Thank you sir. What's my next task."

"Let me show you around. You need to get used to this environment." Dr. Tanaka steps out with Kuma to show him his rehab center. Different workout machines, and various chairs and mats for massage purposes. Then a small closet room in the back corner. On the inside it was filthy. Garbage everywhere and supplies scattered about. It looked like a small room was thrown into a blender. "Tell you what. First step is I need you to organize this back room."

Dammit. Well I guess it's how to break someone in. "Yes sir."

"Any questions son?"

"Two Doctor. Can I get a trash can? And do you mind if I use a little of the hall to try my best to organize?"

"You are very smart. I'll get a bin in a second. Alphabetical correct?"

"The only proper way to do it."

He smirks. "My man. I'll check back you in a bit. I have a client with tennis elbow." And he walks off.

Kuma looks at his elbow. It reminded him of an injury he had as a kid playing baseball. Well I'm glad I at the moment don't have injuries. Can never forget what happened because of Mai's help. This is super. I can't express how good this feels. C'mon Marik, you can do this. This is supposed to be your second job. Make it happen.

First off was as much trash he could find. Dirty gloves, open supplies, and anything past expiration date. Then anything touching the floor for sanitation purposes. A quick few minutes and it was already looking better. Then it was putting things by color and by size. Such as gloves medium to extra-large and different color represented different thickness.

It was a combination of things. Bandages, cotton balls, needles, and more had to be sorted. It was a ten by ten meter closet space. But it was so big and time went by so fast he couldn't do nearly enough as he should of.

It was the end of the day at this point. Dr. Tanaka came over. He looked at the trash can and then in the closet. "Wow we should probably keep a trash can in there. Look at that. You had patience too. You were a base stealer, right?"