𝘍𝘓𝘌𝘌𝘛𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘈𝘍𝘍𝘌𝘊𝘛𝘐𝘖𝘕

"I wasn't this slow before,"

A certain (h/c) haired girl sighed, slowly walking to the Symbol of Mondstat's hero, before turning to her significant other.

"Right?" Venti nodded to reassure (Y/n), the two sitting down by the tree as they stared at the scenery. Years passed by, and so many events happened in it. Siblings reconciled, a war nearly broke out again, all normal things. And as the years passed, they'd always stuck together, no matter what. 

But (Y/n), like all other humans, grew. Her bones grew brittle, the glow of youth fading into the comforting and bittersweet aura of age. She wasn't exactly thrilled about it, either. Not once had she ever stopped to take a break in her life, always working, always doing something. And now, it's as if Celestia was forcing her to do so. Turning to the resting Venti, she felt a slight pang of jealousy, and at the same time, guilt. 

Venti was not a human, no matter how much he acted like one. No matter how much wine he drinks, how many songs he sings, he is still not a human. He will not die of old age, nor his organs failing him. He's lived to see his friends die many times, he'll live to do it again. (Y/n) looked to the sky, wondering why the bard still remains. He's got eons of life left, why does he not roam the world? Maybe he was planning to. 

"I'm not leaving, (Y/n)." The girl turned to him in confusion, Venti laughing slightly, explaining how she always did look at the sky when she thought someone would leave her.

"You always do things that give you away, and yet, you're completely unaware of them." Seeing her troubled look, the boy sighed, holding her wrinkled hands.

"To have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, until we are parted by death." He smiled at her, making the girl crack a grin as well.

"Okay."

__________________________________________________