Chapter 16: Trust Issues

Back to the very well built areas and the huge amazing structures that were built by the one and only , the hermits. The elections were rising as other campaigns competed against Grian and Mumbo’s Campaign. Almost five other campaigns went up against him to become the mayor of the Shopping District.

They yet held all the political stuff in a mature way, they wouldn’t drop all of those years of friendship for such reasons. However, frustration was growing around the server lately. They didnt find Xisuma around, neither Wels and their newcomer Dan. But they discarded the whole thing once the greater wave of frustration hit harder.

The stache-less and nearly bald Mumbo jumbo was placing his redstone peacefully. Although all the shenanigans have been quite overwhelming the past few days, he still enjoys building complex stuff to ease his mind. Something only that occurs to Mumbo himself.

Placing down his redstone while adjusting that redstone torch to just merely scratching his head in hopes of figuring out the best circuit to use in this small place, Mumbo took all of the happiness in making this build. But his peace and happiness didnt last for long as Grian came crashing to the scene with his wings. He looked panicky and in despair and worry.

Mumbo waved at him “Hey G-man, whats up?”

Grian’s breath was so short as he kept panting for breath, he started pacing around and frantically moving his hands around, Mumbo only tilted his head in confusion.

“Blocks..Changing..Different..Stuff..Very..” Grian tried to express while taking huge gulps of air. 

“Uh, you okay, mate?” Mumbo said in confusion as Grian stared on the gound.

“LOOK-” Grian shouted as he pointed at the block.

Mumbo looked at the totally non suspicious and boring grass block that Grian pointed at specifically, He kept staring at it for a while for solid 5 minutes. Mumbo was about to look at Grian and ask what the hell is wrong with the block when he noticed the block shifting to sandstone block. Mumbo wide-eyed the block.

Mambo equipped his Elytra as he prepped his rockets and got ready to launch “Gather the Hermits, we have to hold a meeting” he said seriously as he launched in the air.

“ALRIGHT” Grian shouted as he launched the other direction with the mission of collecting the other hermits one by one manually after the communicator malfunction that lasted far longer than anticipated. Deserting the redstone contraption.

Or thats what they thought it was deserted.

From behind the trees and off from sight, Galahanm was pleased with the chaos that is caused.

He teleported back to his master in serving the news. Hels smiled wickedly as he laughed.

"They are quite frantic like little ants, our purpose is being fulfilled"

"Thats only the beginning, after all, my master" Galahanm said as he bowed slightly infront of Hels. 

"I want you to continue searching on Wels, bring him alive to me" Hels commanded Galahanm once more.

"What about his friend?" 

"Kill him if he stands in your way" he said softly. Galahanm withered face lit as he muttered "my pleasure" before heading to fulfill his quest.

"I don't know if that's the right thing to do" 

Hels flinched as he looked towards the speaker, EX leaned against the wall as he flickered his hair back. Hels's face hardened. 

"What do you mean by the right thing?" Hels saying with a grin.

"We only agreed on chaos, and when I meant by chaos it was genuinely stealing blocks and minor stuff" EX spoke his mind as Hels stood straight, not even reacting.

"You are saying that we are going too far then?" Hels stated as EX stood quite.

"Yes" 

Hels looked at him, he started laughing hysterically. EX stood there, questioned in fear as he watches Hels go mad. 

"You have always been weak, EX" Hels said as he took out a sword "and I wouldn't let you weaken me too" 

EX stared at the blade in his hands, he too didn't flinch from the sword. 

"You really are destructive" EX said as Hels lunged his sword, aiming for EX's head. 

He expected to find blood spluttering everywhere,

Just to find an opposing blade,

And it was X.

Hels backed back as he smiled, "You released him, for how long now?" 

"Since he got in" EX smirked as he took out his sword too. 

"You didn't think of telling me Hi in prison, so he did it for you" X said, his voice was weak but he mustered it. 

EX and X stood back to back as they faced Hels, who snickered.

"I didn't want to kill you both, but," Hels looked at them dangerously "it's a must now" 

EX and X launched over Hels, Hels kept fending off their hits. Each swing of their sword was blocked off by Hels at ease. EX could've sworn that he was yawning. X was targeting Hels's legs, and EX was meant to stall for X's blow. Hels started to get annoyed as he started hitting back, his blows were strategical and smart. Hels managed to hit EX's leg. 

EX groaned in pain as he fell on the floor, X's attention averted for a second and that was enough for Hels to drop X on the floor violently. EX leg was bleeding quickly, he couldn't stand back up.

"It's so sad, EX" Hels hissed "I really enjoyed your company" as he pointed the sword to his throat. 

"I never enjoyed it" EX's raspy voice managed to speak.

"Well, I didn't enjoy it too" Hels said with chuckled as he pushed the blade into EX's heart.

As Hels was waiting for a cry of pain or anything. He looked around to see that he was alone in the room. 

"Dammit, they teleported" Hels bellowed as he kicked the table. 

"I WILL GET YOU BOTH" Hels's words ringed through the room.