Chapter 17: Failure?

They stood infront of a marvelous, huge structure that was beautifully designed but the age played on it and made it into ruins. The world border was a huge wall that stretched towards the sky and through the clouds. 

The structure was somehow built into the wall, the magnificent world border was colourful in off-white and red tint. It was something that you would see in your dreams. 

Wels pulled out the book he took from Etho, he flickered quickly as he reached the chapter of 'Farlands' that had an prediction if what the World Border looks like. 

And it was exactly like the book. 

"WE REACHED IT-" Dan marveled as he bounced happily.

"Lets get into the ruins and see what is it up to" Wels said as he walked towards the ruins. 

Dan looked up at a stone that was engraved into the World Border, it was written in what seems like a Greek language. 

Ακρη Γη

"Wels, Can you read greek?" Dan asked as Wels Looked at the words Ingraved.

"It says 'Edge Land'" Wels said as Dan looked at him in astonishment. 

Before Dan could ask, "Yes we learn that in our early knighthood" Wels replied.

"Whoa, Cool" Dan said as he joined Wels as they entered deeper through the ruins. 

Dan lit up a torch as they both proceeded through the ruins. Obsidian walls started to enclose on them. They stopped as they saw a huge gap in the ground. It was so deep, almost with no end. On the other side, a frame of gold blocks that persuades you to move forward. 

"I think we are meant to go on the other side" Wels said as Dan murmured.  

"Lets place blocks then" Dan said as Wels agreed. As they placed one block to start their bridging, the block disappeared. 

"What the-" Dan said, he looked at Wels as he looked so confused. They tried once more, no use. The block comes back to their hand. Dan spammed the block 10 times, it doesn't last second and comes back to his hand.

Wels pulled out the book as he grew very very confused indeed. 

"Farlands is considered like the void, no blocks could be placed" Wels read aloud as Dan popped the p. 

"Well, let's teleport then" Dan said as Wels looked in his inventory. 

"I ran out of pearls since the last encounter" Wels stammered, then his face lit up again "But I have a handful of Scar's teleporting fruit" 

He gave one to Dan as he looked at it in concern. "Do you think it's a good idea?" 

"It's our only way now" Wels said "Besides, what's the worst thing that would happen?" 

Wels started munching the fruit, Dan did the same. The usual uncomfortable pull as the world swirled around him. Wels stood on the other side as he looked around for Dan. A few seconds later, Dan reappeared. But his imbalance almost made him fall into the void if Wels didn't catch him a tad bit earlier. 

"Thanks Wels" Dan said, Wels smiled.

"You owe me quite alot now" Wels joked. 

They walked through a tunnel, it was getting darker and darker in each step they take. Despite the torche being lit and no wind opposing it, it was getting dimmer and dimmer.

"Get the torches a little bit closer here" Wels said as he found some carvings in the wall. It had random doodles that meant nothing unless in right order, Dan guessed.

"Does it have any meaning?" Dan Asked.

"No, but I could make out something that has to do with villagers?" Wels said as he run his fingers in the carvings. Dan snorted.

"That must be a joke" Dan said as he chuckled.

"Lets keep walking, but we better be careful where we step at this poi-" Wels said as sound of cracking was heard underneath Wels. Sounded like a pressure plate being activated.

"Why did you have to speak?" Dan sighed as violent rumbles echoed through the hall. A huge ball was rolling towards them as they started running hurriedly before being crushed by the huge rolling mass behind them.

Dan and Wels were running at their fill speed, they saw a light source at the end of the tunnel. They ran quickly as they ran through the frame as the rock crushed the entrance. They both stood panting heavily as they shielded their eyes from golden rays that blinded them.

They tried to collect their breath as they stood up. Dan started to look around. Engulfing his surroundings as he just couldn't comprehend. Are they back at the same point? Or are they on the other side? How are they on the other side and how is there another side?!

Dan looked up ahead to see few structures and houses. Wels stood up as he dusted off the dirt. They stood up and started walking towards the structures.

They looked at the structures at pure horror and fear and disbelief.

"IS THIS A VILLAGE?!"