bloody hell, uhh heaven

osucre's pov

the night before

I arrive at the castle from ombravalo and breath in the smell of smoke and food. I'm pretty happy about the first council and I have hope for the young angel. It looks like he's suspecting something. I'm mad about how beautiful the angels live. All those golden palaces are paid with our tax money and by stealing our products to sell them to others. I was happy to have at least one leader on my side. I feel guilty while I'm walking into the castle. We are not aloud to change our city. it shall be exactely how the angels wanted it to be and if it's not they just kill people or take people's money. I remember living in the slums. I managed to stay undetected by the angels mostly because the angels resent the slums. They are filthy and full of criminals and makers who try to make it one level up. I learned everything I know from myself and from the streets. Okay, maybe im lying, I think eriftes made me a better umbra. She says I'm the most powerful she encountered, I don't know how much she encountered but I do know I'm the oldest umbra who didn't disappear. Eriftes is waiting for me on the couch. I sit down and sigh. "so did they agree?" she asks. "they did with the first but obviously not with the second." We eat together and I go to bed. I think Eriftes is kinda like a mother to me. I try to sleep when I hear screams and a certain metal sound I don't recognize. The first thing in my head is "they're going to kill me" but I shake that thought. I put on a black shirt and an old pair of trousers. I yell that eriftes should go look but she doesn't answer. So I walk up the balcony when I see something shocking. The streets are flooding with blood. I instantly go back inside and start to run down the stairs. I bang on Erftes door but she doesn't answer. I walk outside. My heart is beating in my head and I can't hear anything cleearly. I now know, they are coming to kill me.

I walk outside. I put on my cloak and Im looking for the angels. Twelve angels appear from the darkness. I put my hands up and concentrate when one of the angels start to talk "little umbra, I wouldn't do that" Another angel appears he's holding eriftes and is also holding a knife against her throat. "let's introduce ourselves, we are the dark thirteen, we dispose the dark, you know, umbras, like you but this time you're lucky, Gabriel wants to look you in the eyes when you die so please cooperate, or we kill your friend" One says, their wings do not look like the normal wings, they are metal and look mechanic. "So what do I have to do?" "please put your hands up" one says. I put my hands up one walks towards me and spits me in my face. My eyes turn black and I barely see what's happening, I only see one slitting eriftes throat and wnother one turning into black dust. The next thing I see is street filled with red fluid and myself sitting in the middle with and insufferable headache. I don't know what to do. I stand up. Back to the angel city.