𝟎𝟎𝟑. CUPCAKES CAN'T FIX IT

"CUPCAKES CAN'T FIX IT"
AKA; NEXT OF KIN

"CUPCAKES CAN'T FIX IT" AKA; NEXT OF KIN

Bobby had suggested therapy too, — which Buck told me, right after he got back from his very intimate session

Bobby had suggested therapy too, — which Buck told me, right after he got back from his very intimate session. Needless to say, that woman would not be allowed to work for the department for a while, if ever again. A fact that pleased me in more ways than one.

Our second ever talk must have worked miracles though, as Buck began to swing around the bakery more, to steal me on my breaks, or join me on a daily run. I was psyching myself out by getting into a routine with him — but boy was it worth it.

One day, he invited me over to the living area at the station, after Bobby and I finished washing and drying dishes. My bakery shift had ended, and Fiona was busy organizing for some trip she had, so I happily obliged. I perched on the coffee table while he and Hen played some firefighter simulator game — Very poorly on his end, might I add.

"Turn left!" Hen demanded, gesturing theatrically towards the television while Buck struggled with driving the fake fire truck.

"I am!" He exclaimed defensively, eliciting an eye-roll from the woman beside him and a light chuckle from me.

"Now you're fleeing the scene?" She deadpanned.

My head tilted, "Do you get extra points for that?" I wondered jokingly.

"No! And you'll lose points for murdering people on the way too." Hen pointed out, just as the truck hit a simulated pedestrian.

Buck waved his hand nonchalantly, "It's fine. It's a flesh wound. Obamacare."

"Obamacare?" I whispered confused, as Hen reached over and tried to get the controller away before he did anything else to cost the game.

The two struggled, and I actually almost forgot they were two grown adults for a second until Buck begged someone to call Human Resource. Instead of breaking them up though, I just sat there, enjoying the show.

"Hey Chim." I greeted when the man walked by mid-fight.

Hen glanced over, finally snatching the game control from Buck and holding it in Chimney's direction. "Hey, you're up!"