𝟎𝟎𝟕. CREEPY OLD LADY

"CREEPY OLD LADY"
AKA; FULL MOON (CREEPY AF)

"CREEPY OLD LADY"AKA; FULL MOON (CREEPY AF)

I love the smell of freshly baked bread

I wish I had some elaborate story or flashback about my great-grandmother who baked bread in the woods and passed down all her recipes to me in some book made of parchment — But I don't.

My love for the smell goes beyond its indication of a fluffy baked good. It is no longer just a warm food. It is a symbol of something new. When I wake everyday now, it's not just the bread I smell.

Instead I smell my first morning in Los Angeles. Or my first night in the apartment upstairs. I smell freshly baked bread and it smells like change.

I had been making bread rolls since dawn. First in my apartment, then when my shift started at nine. Now everything I owned smelt like freshly baked bread.

Fiona was preoccupied with the register, so I was free from her teasing from the time being. Word about the incident spread fast, and Buck and I avoided confirming and denying rumours.

I hoped that would water them down, but it actually made them much worse. Which is why we hid all the additional times we had hung out since then.

Personally, I didn't want to talk about it. I loved to share with the people I cared about, but everybody already knew about La Reina. When it came to our other moments, I wanted them just for me.

Take things slow between us was definitely also helping.

I pulled the last of the bread pans out of the oven and laid them neatly on a wire rack to cool. Emma wheeled it away to sit with the other four racks

"I can't believe you cut a hole in the guy's throat on your first date." She said.

I just got done telling her about the date. She'd been prodding me all week to say something and I finally relented. Plus if I didn't tell her, someone else would, and I didn't need anymore skewed stories going around.