𝟎𝟎𝟓. NO QUESTIONS ASKED

"NO QUESTIONS ASKED"
AKA; POINT OF ORIGIN

"NO QUESTIONS ASKED" AKA; POINT OF ORIGIN

"You should swing by the bakery after," I said to Buck as we took a table in the corner of a bustling coffee shop

"You should swing by the bakery after," I said to Buck as we took a table in the corner of a bustling coffee shop. "Fiona and I made these rolls with dried flowers on them and they're really good."

We were grabbing breakfast one morning when we both happened to have a day off. Fiona had been home for a bit now and wanted to give me a little time off after running the bakery. Chim was also home now, so I began checking on him only periodically.

Buck suggested hanging out somewhere that wasn't the bakeshop or the firehouse, and chose a quaint coffee place not too far from my apartment.

He nodded, chugging the coffee he had, which elicited an eyebrow raise from me.

"Uh, long night?" I wondered, taking a straw and stirring the milk in my iced latte.

"Long shift. I haven't slept." He explained.

"Then what are you doing here?" I wondered, though my lips were upturned in a slight smile, like I already knew the answer.

"Taking advantage of my day off." Buck said, "What were you saying about those rolls?"

I went on explaining the methods and recipe we used, only for him to start drifting off again. I understood listening to my spiel about baking, a subject he didn't even understand, was most likely boring — but he was legitimately falling asleep.

"Okay," I interrupted myself, "I keep losing you. You should go home, you should sleep."

He shook his head and prompted for me continue, but it was pretty obvious he just wasn't in it. I sighed, and was about to suggest leaving again when he got a text on his phone.

Buck appeared to perk up when he read it, immediately catching my attention.

I furrowed my brows and wondered, "What is it?"

"You remember Abby?" He asked.

Yes I remembered Abby. I think she was the catalyst in him 'quitting' his supposed sex addiction and trying to become better. I was also like one thousand per cent sure she was the reason he'd been more smiley lately.