Study Mates

Racheal Point of View:

"Finally you're here," Austin says in annoyance. His messy hair has grown out and was pulled back into a bun. What does he look like? Disgusting. No offense. It just doesn't fit him...it's like...he's a donkey.

I roll my eyes in response, "At least my hair looks better than yours."

Sophie giggles, but quickly shut up when Austin threw her a dirty look.

"Aw come on man, let this girl laugh," I say as I plop down next to him. "You need to chop that off man."

"Woah, that hurts, girl. I grew this out and you're telling me to chop it off. And not to the least, insulting it as well." He dramatically said, and crossed his arms.

I shrug, "Okay then, whatcha doin here? I thought it was just going to be Sophie and Mason."

Mason looks up from his book when I mentioned his name, then looks back down. He's a cute nerd, and has squishy cheeks. I've always wanted to pinch them. I look back to Austin, who's leaning back in his chair.

"It is just Sophie and Mason, I just invited myself." He says happily.

"Okay then, don't distract us, I need to save my grades." I replied. Grabbing my backpack from my side, then took out my textbook. Calculus. Here we go again.

"Looks like you're getting distracted by me," Austin smirks with a wink. I look at him disgusted and fake a gag. Ew. I'm too lesbian for this.

One hour later....

"FUCK!"

"AAAAHH YESS!"

"RIGHT THERE!"

"MORE MO - "

I slam my book shut, "Oh my fucking gawd, Austin, you're making it sound like you're being laid."

Sophie dropped her pencil to me, and rubbed her temple.

"I hope I'm not going to hell after this." She mumbles.
Austin aggressively taps his phone as he sticks out his tongue. His eyes permanently attached to the screen, "Bitch! Yes!! Take that! Fuck you."

Seriously? Did he not hear me? Bro. What happened to "Don't distract us", and what's up with this game. I let out a sigh, Sophie and Mason are staring at Austin like me. We can't focus here man. Ugh.

"Andddddddd yes!!!! I got first!" He hollers, pumping his fist in the air. His eyes are full of twinkles as he looks up, and the victory brought out his inner child.

"Did you see that? Did you see that??? I won!" Austin happily says, his smile stretches to each side of his face. Then got up and started to twirl. Alright, that's cute, but not cute when you're interrupting my studies. Then Sophie starts to giggle, at least she's enjoying this.

"Serious-" I started, but got interrupted.

"This is a library, in case you misread the sign." Spoke a bold voice, and right away, I knew who it was. I can feel her presence behind me, she's close to me.

Austin shuts his mouth and looks at her, the horror in his eyes. Damn. Then quickly sat down like nothing happened. Sophie went back to her work and Mason went back to his book. Suddenly, the library started to sound like a library, peace and quiet. However, her presence is still giving me chills.

"Uh...sorry..." Austen whispers, with an apologetic smile, breaking the silence.

Cold fingers rested on my shoulders, and of course, it belongs to Sam.

"You're coming with me, Rachael." She said, then left me. Bro, seriously? Does she think I'm a dog or something?

"I'll be back guys," I stood up, and walked to Sam. We passed a group of students studying, and the bookshelves. Until, she leads me to a small room.

"Here." Sam says, closing the door. I look at her weirdly, "Why are we here?"

"To talk to you." She says.

"No shit Sherlock, we're already talking." I says, rolling my eyes. "And make it fast, I need to go back to my studies."

"Why the attitude?" Sam questions, her eyes wanders till it's locked with mine.

Seriously? I let out a sigh.

"Look, you disappeared from school and now you're acting like nothing happened. Not to mention, the situation between you and Hannah." I let out a deep breath. "I hate this."

I barely mention this, and I hate it how it's all coming at me at once. It made me realize that I have enough, especially the thoughts and choices I've made. The situation I put myself in, and getting included when it wasn't necessary at all.

"You hate what?" Sam asks, coming closer to me.

"I- I hate this! I hate the tension between you and Hannah. I hate the situation between Hannah and Austin." I say angrily, feeling the heat in my chest. The thoughts that I thought I could help them out, when I thought I had the answers. I'm done. I'm so done with this.

"Rachael," She calmly says, reaching out for me.
I pushed her away before she came any closer, "Don't you dare come close."

Suddenly I see three Sam's coming towards me, her mouth opening wide calling for me. Her blue eyes locked to mine, but I couldn't tell what her expression was as my vision started to look funky.

"Rachael." I heard.

"Shut up! I don't want you any closer." I yell. Then I felt a sharp pain up to my head. Shit. "Stay away from me. I'm telling you, I have enough. I'm done."

Her hands grab my arms causing me to breathe faster. Shit, I'm getting dizzy.

"Listen!" Sam yells back. "You're having..."

Her words faded as My eyes pierced into hers. Then, I pushed her away one last time. I stumbled my way out and headed towards the others.

My heart beats at the rhythm where I can hear it, my chest tightens every time I take a breath, and the feeling of throwing up feels so close. This is not what I want, and definitely not the way I want to interact with Sam.

I trip and stumble back to my spot and grab my things. The others called out to me about where I was going. All I know is that I'm leaving the library. Everything blurs in my sight as I storm for the door, it's like my life depends on it. My legs give all they have, and my lungs pinching every air they can. My palms sweats as my mind becomes dizzy. Before I could reach the door, everything went black.