25

"[Y/N]?" childe opens the door to your room, it was empty when he arrived. he furrows his brows, wondering where you went.

"[Y/N] where are you?" he asked once more, but there was no reply.

this time, he grew anxious. he immediately sprints out of your room took look somewhere else. "[Y/N]!"

"calm down childe, i'm at the kitchen!" you shouted from afar.

he sighed in relief, the panic he felt earlier washing away as soon as he heard your voice. he jogs to where you were, seeing you cooking something over the stove. "so that's where you were."

"did you get scared?" you chuckled, turning your head to see his reaction.

he rolls his eyes as he walks towards you. "never do that again."

"sorry, just wanted to scare you a little." you smiled, bringing your attention back to what you were making.

"i didn't know you cook." he said, watching you prepare the ingredients you needed.

"i may not be as good as you are but i work in the kitchen too y'know." you began to stir something that was in the pot.

he sniffs the scent of freshly cooked meat, eyes widening when it smelled really good. "woah..."

"wait 'til you actually try it." you placed a lid on top of the pan. "now we just need to wait until it's done."

"you should've told me, i would've helped you out." he said.

"this... is the least i can do childe. you already helped me out a ton." you smiled at him.

it had been nearly a week since you left his house in morepesok. you have been all over the news in snezhnaya claiming that you were a wanted woman.

guards patrolled most of the areas in town, but thankfully childe had managed to find a place for you to hide in for the mean time.

he bought a house not far from morepesok, a small villa with only one bedroom. fortunately for you, you haven't been found out yet.

you didn't have any opportunity to go outside since your face was at the posters everywhere. not only that but you couldn't risk yourself getting caught by a guard.

apparently, they have announced that you were wanted for killing a harbinger and a reward wad given to whoever might find you. because of this, not even the people around you could be trusted.

for now, you only had childe.

"...did you meet her?" you asked.

"no, apparently her majesty has never went out of her room ever since the ball." he frowns.

childe continued to work for the fatui while trying to hide you from them. no one suspects anything either, which was a relief.

no one except maybe the tsaritsa, who no one has seen in weeks.

seeing childe's troubled expression saddened you. you knew he was torn between his loyalty to the tsaritsa and what he eas currently doing behind her back. you didn't understand it either, you had thought he would follow her orders and kill you but he chose the opposite.

he hid you from the cryo archon to protect you.

"childe." you called out.

he hums in respond, so you continue. "it's not too late."

he looked confused, "what do you mean by that?"

"i mean it's not too late for me to surrender myself. i don't want you to get involved–"

"no." he said, "you're not doing that."

"but–"

"[Y/N], just trust me on this okay?" his features soften as he looked at you. "i found a ship that sails to fontaine by tomorrow night. you should be safe there."

"then... what about you?"

"i'll stay here." he said. "i can't leave with you, you won't be safe when i'm around. we won't have any problems with your power either, you won't have to use it there."

he was telling you of a plan that would get you to a safe place, yet you weren't happy about it. you wanted to be by his side longer, you didn't want leave just yet.

"come on, cheer up princess." he smiles, trying to lighten the mood. suddenly, he came up with an idea. "follow me."

he walks out the kitchen where you followed him from behind. "where are we going?"

"it's a surprise."

before he opens the door that led outside, he handed you a hooded coat. "wear this, they won't see you in it."

you nod and wore it, it covered almost all of you but your face could still be seen. "are you sure this is safe?"

"we won't be going far, don't worry." he assures you.

he held your hand as you walked out, seeing the moon glow up the sky calmed you. it had been a while since you last stepped foot outside, and being trapped in the house with nothing to do was a bore.

it appears that childe led you somewhere at the forest behind the house. there were no patrols around either which you were thankful for.

"we're almost there." he said, tightening the grip on your hand.

when you emerged from the bushes, you were met by a clear view of the stars that shone above you. there was a cliff up ahead, where you could hear the clashes of waves from underneath.

the same flowers that grew in the garden of the palace were also there, glowing which provided light for you. the leaves rustled as the cold breeze blew pass the two of you, making you shiver slightly.

"how did you find this place?" you asked.

"my village was near here, so i often wander around these places. i accidentally stumbled upon it when i was little." he explains, walking towards near the edge of the cliff.

he sat down, patting the space next to him. "sit here."

so you did. you sat down beside him, your eyes still fixated at the heavenly bodies above. "this place looks... peaceful."

"right?" he chuckled. "i figured it would help you get some things off your mind."

perhaps it did work, because the worries you had before seemed to have vanished. you wanted to stay here longer, just you and childe with no worries whatsoever.

"the stars," you mumbled. "they look beautiful." as you stared at them, you couldn't help but to wish you were apart of them.

while you were admiring what was around you, childe stared at you the whole time. his lips formed into a smile, at ease whenever he saw you free from worry. perhaps one day, he might have the courage to tell you how he really feels.

"falling in love with you wasn't the hard part," he mumbled, you were unable to hear a thing. "admitting it was."

he didn't have the luxury to tell you, since he feared that one day he would have to be the one to put you to rest himself.

°

a/n: hello everyone! i would just like to thank all of you for the kind messages you left the last chapter it truly made me want to write more !! ur comments are what makes me want to finish this story its all so entertaining to read about what your opinions are on the book :DD anw im glad u guys enjoy the story so far ^^