END [ fontaine route ]

a/n; as requested (by a lot of you guys) here is an AU where [Y/N] escaped to fontaine :)) this is a happy ending and no angst whatsoever i swear 😭 again, this ending isn't canon! just in an alternate universe :D

this takes place after chapter 26. [F/N] stands for fake name btw

°

years later...

"hey [F/N]! thanks for the help yesterday, if it weren't for you i would've been dead meat." julien sighed, bringing his hands to his hips. "i hadn't known there were treasure hoarders lurking at that area."

"it's no problem julien, i'm glad i was there in time." you smiled at the blonde man.

"ah, and here. this is a thank you for saving me." he gave you a paper bag, which you assumed to be food inside because of the smell coming from it.

"oh, thank you." you took the bag from him. "i'll see you later. let me know if you need help with anything else."

this was your usual routine ever since you came to live at fontaine. you work at different places, having part time jobs which surprisingly paid a lot. whether it was selling bread, running errands or taking care of someone's kid, you did all of it to learn a living.

however, you now had a fake identity. you go by [F/N], a mondstadter who traveled to fontaine in hopes of getting a job. everyone seemed to believe it, you fooled everyone including the usual fatui members strolling around town once in a while.

"so... this is it huh." you turn to face the ginger haired man, a cloak had hidden the rest of your features before docking a boat at the harbor.

"yeah..." he frowns, taking your hand into his. "be safe out there, alright?"

"i should be saying that to you, childe." you squeezed his gloved one, mirroring the frown on his face.

"come on, don't be so sad. i know you're gonna me miss me very much but still." he joked to lighten the mood, but it appeared that it didn't work.

"...i will." you look down, avoiding his gaze. "very much."

his heart ached more at the realization that you were actually serious, childe found himself unable to speak for a few seconds and just let your hand intertwine with his fingers. even though you and him had yet to make it official, it was clear that you both shared the same feelings for each other.

"one day..." he starts. "i'll go to fontaine and leave the fatui business behind. i'll follow you, [Y/N]."

your eyes widen at his words, heart beating faster. "you will?"

childe nods, "once this all dies down, once i know that you're safe i'll come be with you."

"...promise?"

"i promise, printsessa."

how many years has it been since you saw the said harbinger? as time passed by there wasn't a single day where you'd wait for your door to burst open and just see his stupid face again.

you longed for him, you wanted to go back to snezhnaya to even just have one look at him. but you couldn't, or all of this would be for nothing.