18

art by emoemone on twitter

"mother..." your dull [E/C] eyes stared into her pale blue ones, a frown clearly visible on her lips. the cold sharp blade of her sword still rests on your neck, slightly scathing your skin which resulted in small amounts of blood seeping out of you.

"leave, before i change my mind." she placed down her sword that was almost ready to dig deeper into your flesh.

"...what?"

"leave snezhnaya and live a new life." she turns away from you as your legs gave up causing you to sit down on the ground. "do this and i will forget what just happened at the village."

"no..." you mumbled. "you can't. i killed all those people! i..." you stared at your hands, trembling as you remembered the blood that was previously smeared on it.

"i'll have someone send you off to liyue by tomorrow morning." she stops for a second to take one final glance at you. "farewell, my child."

your eyes immediately shot open, gasping at the sudden need of air as you recalled your past memory. you sat down the bed, your hands finding its way to your temple and gently massaging it while the other covered your chest with the duvet.

you had been recalling past memories recently, memories that you kept deep within you in hopes of never remembering it ever again. you swore you'd forget everything, you just wished it was an easy task.

finally calming down, you looked at your surroundings. it was still dark, the moon was the only thing that illuminated the room through the curtained window.

it was cold, only for you to realize that you were naked underneath the sheets. you bit your lip, remembering what you had done last night with childe who was still sleeping next to you.

you remember him helping you clean up right after. you declined at first, but he insisted since he saw how your legs trembled and barely unable to stand a few moments before.

he was facing your direction, allowing you to get a clear view of his resting face. his long eyelashes remained unmoved, while his mouth slightly hung open. he looked peaceful, not realizing your lips carved into a smile at the sight of it.

your hand wandered off on its own and started to run your fingers through his ginger hair. once you've realized what you've done, you quickly pulled away thinking you might wake him up.

"what's wrong with me..." you mumbled.

you sighed and laid back down next to him, facing him as well. your eyelids started to get heavy as you stared at his sleeping figure, the dream you had and the panic you felt earlier disappearing the more you gazed at the man in front of you.

°

when you woke up that morning, childe wasn't next to you anymore. it felt empty, not that you'd actually admit it out loud. you couldn't blame him though, he was a busy man and was specifically sent to liyue to manage things for the tsaritsa.

you got off the bed, your legs slightly aching making you sigh in frustration. you did it again, and this time you didn't even need an alcohol nor an aphrodisiac.

you picked up the clothes he, once again, neatly folded on the bed and put it on. you walked out the kitchen where you saw food already placed on the table, and a small note next to it reading;

after you eat, come to yaoguang shoal. i'll be waiting.

-Tartaglia