Hatred

I started my shift at 6am today, working at Patsys has done good to me so far.
Someone entered the cafe, loud footsteps, the smell of cigarettes, dirty looking clothes. I stood there, my heart stopped. It was my dad.

"Dad what are you doing here?" I asked. I didn't like to see his face, he makes me feel unsafe. He was in prison. I didn't expect to see him for at least another 5 years.

"Are you gonna ask what I would like to eat? that's your job isn't it?" He spat.

"Not until you tell me what the fuck you're doing here." I yelled.

"y/n! Language!" An employee reminded me.

"Sorry."

"Come back home y/n, I don't want you around those Gallaghers." Dad said.

"Hell no. They make me feel safe, now get out, you'll do everyone a favour." I said.

He frowned, and his face turned red. He looked me up and down, raised his eyebrows and scrunched his nose.

"IM YOUR FATHER!! COME BACK HOME THOSE FILTY GALLAGHERS ARE NOT THE FAMILY TO BE AROUND. DO YOU HEAR ME? DO YOU?" He screamed while holding me up against the wall spitting in my face.

"YES I UNDERSTAND!! LET ME GO!" I screamed. He dropped me and walked out. I fell to the ground crying. At this point everyone was looking at me. Shit. I thought.

I ran to the gallagher house and slammed the door crying. Ian stood there looking at me.

"Y/n? What's going on?" He asked with a worried look on his face.

"Dads back." I stuttered.

"Oh y/n, i'm so sorry.." Ian ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug.

He locked the doors just incase and directed me to a seat next to him and he held my hand the entire time.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"he just.. He grabbed me by the collar and smashed me into the wall and yelled at me." I said all shaken up.

"Y/n i'm here if you ever need to talk." He smiled while rubbing my hand with his thumb. I'm so grateful for Ian, and all of the other gallaghers of course. He wiped the tears off my face and hugged me again. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"When did you guys get a new washing machine?" I asked. I didn't think they had the money for that.

"Steve bought it for fiona." Ian said.

"Of course he did, what did i expect." We both laughed. Ian always manages to make me feel better. Carl came through the back door.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" Ian asked.

"Cant, I got suspended again." He replied. Clearly it was normal by now for him to get suspended.

"What did you do this time?" Ian questioned.

"Broke a kids arm." He sighed. Fiona won't be happy.

A few hours later, Fiona got home from work, Lip and Debbie came back from school, and Liam got picked up from daycare.

"Where's steve?" ian asked fiona.

"Haven't talked to him since he tried to ship my dad to Canada." She responded.

It was unexpected for Steve to do something like that, but it was honestly really funny. Frank walked through the door,

"What's for dinner young ones?" He questioned.

"Corn and meat. None for you frank." Fiona stated. Frank frowned.

"Not even my own family feeds me? I could have disowned you, you know!" He yelled.

"You basically did disown us, besides you can feed yourself." Lip interrupted while opening the fridge to get some juice out.

"What the fuck- it's warm! the juice is fucking warm!" Lip yelled disgusted.

"Nooo.. Shit shit shit shit shit! We forgot to pay the electricity bills now it's been shut off." Fiona ran over to the wall full on notes and stickers. It looked like a bloody mess.

"Fuck! It was due 2 days ago." She screamed. While the chaotic yelling was going on me and Ian ran upstairs to get out of it.

"Jesus my family is a mess." Ian sighed.

"That's why i love them." We both laughed.

Someone knocked on ian's bedroom door.

"Come in." We yelled.

"Mandy? Why are you here?" Ian asked.

"I'm just bored. I wanted to hangout with my "Boyfriend"!" She winked. Ian sighed and looked at me.

"She's pretending we're dating at school so she doesn't get harassed by guys." He told me.

"Mandy... Oh right! You're mandy Milkovich!" I realised.

"Yep! That's me!" She giggled.

"Hey, do you happen to know where mickey is?" Ian asked

"No, How the fuck should I know? I don't follow that shit head across the borders." She said.

"Why are you looking for him anyway? Aren't you guys enemies?" She thought.

"Yeah- I mean I guess i'm just keeping a look out in case?" He lied to her.

"Okay." She said.

Don't forget to vote this chapter! <3