A fresh start

It's been almost a year since we sold Kash and Grab, me, Ian and Mickey got a job at a similar store called Greenfield Supplies a store that sells all different things. It was small, just the 3 of us work there on Mondays, Tuesday and Thursdays together. Mickey's our security guy since apparently he's the tough one, Ian's the cashier, and I stock stuff up and clean. With both Ian and Mickey working together now it's different, but it's quite funny, they throw tantrums over the smallest things, well at least Mickey does. Today, we started our shift at 8.

"Mickeys late, again." Ian sighed.

"What else should we expect? It's Mickey." I said. Oh and did I mention how Mickey went to prison? Yeah, that shit happened and Ian went crawling straight back to him as soon as he got out.

"What about me?" He said walking through the door, clearly he heard me say his name.

"Oh nothing, just that we expected you to be late." I said to him.

"Hey i'm the security guard here, that means i'm strong and i will kick your ass if you don't shut up." He spat in my face.

"Yeah yeah alright tough guy." I said and we both smiled sarcastically.

I jumped behind the register since i was done what had to be done.

Ian put his arm around me "Jesus y/n, you're too good for this job." He said.

"I know right" I laughed.

"You could never be too good for a job, no one can." Frank came out of no where and placed a box of food on the counter.

I didn't even realise Frank was in here.

"Well you've been proved wrong Frank, that will be $20." Ian calculated.

"Ohh.. Looks like I left my money at home! Son, why don't you let me off just this once? I mean who even carries cash these days." Frank pleaded and turned around to walk out the door.

Frank jumped when he turned around to see Mickey standing right in front of him.

"Empty your pockets." He demanded, we could hear the money shake around as Frank bowed his head.

"Oh look, there's some money! Now what were you saying about leaving your money at home? Pay for the goddamn food or I will rip your eyes out of your sockets with no hesitation." Mickey smiled.

Frank sighed. "That should be enough to cover it." and we walked out the store.

"Man that fuck head needs to get better at that shit." Mickey said and we nodded.

"Anyway I was thinking, how about we go see a movie or something? And after that we can go try on costumes at the costume shop like we used to do. That was funny." Ian whispered to me.

"You know I hated trying on those costumes. But ill do it for you, Ian Gallagher." I laughed. We made sure Mickey didn't find out because he'd probably bash us to death until we let him come.

After our shift ended we locked up the shop and Mickey bolted home as if he left the stove on all day. Me and Ian made our way to the cinemas and bought tickets for a random movie showing right when we got there.