✧. ┊𝒊𝒗. 𝒃𝒊𝒈 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓

It was already early into the next day when [name] returned to her apartment building

The area was pretty dingy, street fights and drug dealings behind ally ways were a common occurrence to the neighbourhood. People stealing and breaking into people's places were also common, but [name] was always extra careful when locking her doors with double locks.

So, when she arrived back at her small home with the door flung open, her heart jumped into her throat.

She sprinted into her apartment, glass shards from picture frames and cups scattered the hardwood floors. [name] was quick to the bathroom, which held most of her valuables.

Jewelry ranging from rings, necklaces, and bracelets were gone; but what made [name] most alarmed was the toilet trim that was thrown off.

"No, no, no..." [name] spoke in hushed, haggard breathes as she saw that the plastic bag of her hard earned money was gone.

[name] swiftly fished out her phone from her jacket pocket and dialled the only number she could trust. The phone rang a few times and went straight to voicemail. She tried one more time, but the owner of her work didn't pick up, and [name] assumed she had already gone to bed.

The woman groaned out in frustration trying to push back her rising anxiety. Her hands fished around her pockets wishing something would give her an idea on how to solve this situation.

Her fingers felt a piece of paper, pulling it out remembering the owner of the number. She scratched her head in thought.

This was basically an emergency.

Her teeth gnawed at her lip as she typed in the number into her phone and pressed the green call button.