✧. ┊𝒙𝒗𝒊. 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒍

[name]'s POV

[name]'s POV

I slowly climb the mansion's staircase, holding onto the glass railing.

My eyes trailed along the large living room that connected out onto the balcony, showcasing the view over Yokohama city. The afternoon sun began to set, the sky turning a hue of mauve purple, mixing with the air pollution and clouds.

A classical tune playing from a small radio that brought a calm atmosphere throughout the living space.

"I hope you're hungry, the steak is cooked perfectly."

Fyodor sat at a small dining table, an empty seat adjacent to himself. Plates of freshly cooked food, steam rising from the various platters.

I took the liberty of walking over and sitting onto the plush chair, meeting Fyodor's expecting gaze.

He smiled, picking up his knife and fork, slicing off part of the buttered steak.

"Why did you invite me over?" I questioned, following his movements.

Fyodor paused momentarily, fork raised to his mouth, "I was just in the mood for some wonderful company."

I slowly nod my head, bringing my fork into my mouth. The tender piece of steak was warm to the tongue, the butter balancing well with the smoked paprika. As I continue to chew and swallow, a slight undertone of something bitter hit the back of my throat.

I noticed Fyodor's strong gaze, who still hasn't taken a bite from his fork.