ch35

*Skipping the smut scene, cause I may still didn't get that energy stored*

The redhead laid beside him and covered both of their bodies with the fabrics

Jeongguk leaned towards Hansung and let himself get embraced by his arms.

Both staying silent and taking each other's warmth plastering in their heart.

Both being nervous and scared of what might come.

Jeongguk looked up and rested his head over the red head's chest, getting engulfed by his arms.

Face resting with a neutral expression, no smile or frown, apart from sadness of parting away in their eyes.

"I wish it wouldn't have been like this..."

The ravenette's words pulled Hansung from his own thoughts, he simply turned his head towards the latter.

Loss of words but feelings mutual.

"I wish the same..."

Jeongguk glanced back at the night sky filled with bright twinkling stars, dark clouds aimlessly floating, moon showering lights, drifting away as both continued looking at the same.

"I regret being in this situation...but I don't regret you Gguk.." Hansung confessed, trailing his eyes down.

"Will things be fine once the war ends?" Jeongguk questioned, he knew it wouldn't but he needed a false assurance.

He closed his eyes for a jiff when Hansung kissed his forehead and stayed, his lips intact against the skin.

"Don't wanna leave.."

Hansung's almond-like eyes met the doe one's.

Guilt was creeping upon the latter, that feeling which doesn't even let his mind and heart stay calm, always clenching at the thought, and worse is he doesn't have anything in control.

What he was feeling may have visibly surged in his eyes, or maybe he didn't respond to Jeongguk even when he turned his gaze on the latter, but he was only mindlessly staring at him, not even blinking.

Making the prince raise his head to get on his face level and cupped his cheeks, finally responding to it by fluttering his own eyebrows and a confused gaze.

How Jeongguk wanted to pamper his adorable look if it wasn't their last meet.

Hansung sighed and pulled him closer, letting his body rest on his own.

Jeongguk frowned as his ears picked up Hansung's whisper, "I'm sorry..."

In response, he caressed his chest and trailed his hands up to the latter's neck, embracing him and kissing his cheeks, may or may not for the last time...